Chapter Fifteen

Zo was quite the interesting place. 

Looking around I'm surprised to see that there's... nothing here. A quaint town is about it. The buildings are all rusting and similar looking. A feed store is set at the end of the small place and the people were friendly enough. Though they seemed pretty wary of us to be honest. Then again this place doesn't look like it gets many visitors and certainly not pirates. 

"Eh... Captain, why this place?"

"It's out of the way. If I fail Doflamingo won't know where you all are. Well, at least long enough to get the message and leave."

"So you're saying there's a chance you could die?" Claire asks, worried.

"Yes."

All of us are quiet for a moment, the implications roll over us. This is very real and Law could die and we wouldn't even know about it until a message. After that he dismisses the rest of us and I'm still left sitting there staring at the floor. It's unreal that all of this is happening now. I don't know what to do.

A hand is put on my head, "Stop thinking so much, your gears are showing."

I give Law a look and sit back in the chair, putting a hand over my stomach. It was more comfortable nowadays.

Law smirks, "You've become a natural mother already."

"Huh?"

"It's a natural mothers' instinct to place your hand over your stomach." He sits down beside me, "Watch any expecting mother long enough and you'll see them do that."

"I still can't believe it. D-do you think you'll be back to deliver the baby?" I'm really scared now. It's hit me full force that I will more than likely have the baby before he comes back. I can't even begin to imagine what that's going to be like. It's scary to thinka bout it.

"No, I won't." He looks away from me as he says this. I look away too, unable to look at him any longer either.

"I see..."

There's a knock on the door and Law tells for whoever it is to enter. Sam pops her head in, "Law, we're setting out, it's time to go."

I stand up shocked, "Y-you're leaving right now?"

He gets up as well and nods, "The Whitebeard Pirates are passing by Punk Hazard on their way off to their next destination. I'm going with them so you all won't be stranded without the submarine."

"But–"

Law presses his lips to mine and silences all of my protests in one fell swoop. Once he parts from me he rests his forehead to mine, "I love you Rayne. Wait for me."

Tears burn my eyes, after all it isn't often that Law tells me he loves me. I grab his forearms in a secure grip, one he reciprocates, "A-aye captain. We'll be waiting." I manage to get out before my voice practically gives out. 

With one last kiss he's gone.

I sit down on the bench and stare down at the floor, refusing to cry. 

Law's Pov

"I'm leaving the ship in charge to you Tema, don't let things fall apart." Law orders.

Law turns away to go and board the Moby Dick when Tema holds a hand to stop him, "Tell me something before you go captain?"

Law turns back, "Hm?"

"How long are you going to continue on with this?"

"What?"

"You know what I'm referring to."