Chapter 2

Chapter 2

It was almost midnight, I unpacked my bags and lay on the left side of the bed.

As soon as I lay down, the stranger turned on the TV lying on the right side of the bed. It was horrible to sleep near him. I thought about the past and started crying.

This was not the life I wanted. It hurt me a lot. I just wanted to throw away everything and I hate this life. Tears were flowing down my eyes like waterfalls.

“Please don't cry and irritate me.” A harsh voice commanded.

I turned around to see John glaring at me.

I took a sheet and a pillow and marched out of the room.

I went straight to the couch and fell asleep there because it felt more cozy and safe in the couch rather than sleeping with that stranger. I was not able to accept him as my husband. Not in this life.

---

IN THE MORNING

I woke up with a loud sound. Thud.

I jolted up and realized where I was. I saw John standing with his clothes covered in egg. It was an open kitchen so everything that happened was perfectly visible from the couch. I made a disgusted face at him and went upstairs to his room. It was a total mess. It was totally different from when I left last night. 

I just ignored the mess and took out my work dress and went to shower. I took a hot,15 minute shower.When I came out I bumped into something hard. I looked up to see a half naked John. I immediately lowered my head and ran out of the room.

When I came back into the kitchen, there stood a girl. She might be in her teens. As soon as I entered the kitchen, she saw me and smiled at me.

I smiled back and said “My name is Rachel”. She replied “I know I am John's cousin Lola and I am 17” She said extending her hand. We shook hands and I sat in front of her.“Here, John makes the most awesome noodles, have some” She offered a bowl full of my favorite noodles.

As I was about to take it from her hand, a hand snatched the bowl away. It was as usual the stranger.

"This is my share", he said glaring at Lola. She looked taken aback but just nodded her head. 'How old is he, five??' I thought to myself. I gave him a look as if to say 'who wants your noodles'and immediately said, "It's okay,Lola I will eat in a restaurant near my office" and took my work bag and marched out. My car was yet to come from my house. So, I took the bus to my office.

---

OFFICE

As soon I entered my office everybody gathered around me.

"Congratulations!!" They told in unison. I just smiled at them and went to my seat. Jasmine, my close friend from childhood sat near me. "So how are you??"

"Not fine" Hanging my head down.

"What happened??" She asked lifting my head .

"I want to die,that's it!, " I said with tears pouring out of my eyes.

"Don't behave stupid, Rachel. You will be alright!" She said, patting my back.

"Ok, let me work now. At least here I will be happy" I said and went back facing my system.

---

John's POV

I dropped Lola in her school and went to my office.

As soon as I entered, my employees stood around me, and my PA bought a huge cake on which it was written 'John <3 Rachel'.

My blood began to boil on seeing, that, "Take this crap out of here, before I fire you all!!" I yelled.

They stared at me blankly and I realized what I did and said, "I am sorry guys. Please take it away." and went to my personal office room.

*** 

I am really sorryit is short :(

Edited by :AbidhaAnwar

Dont forget to vote and comment :) 

Sre