One Phone Call

It is around 9 o' Clock in the evening, I need to get a copy of the Calculus Lecture given early that day. What can I do, I'm just one lazy student trying to party and pass examinations. I've been contacting my friend's cellphone but it is out of reach, so I got some coins and went to the payphone near my dorm. I dialed her number and waited but no one's answering the phone, I really need to get a copy so I tried again and again until such time that someone lift the phone from the hook. Upon hearing so and learning that I only have few minutes until I consume my call. I speak non-stop without break but then again I heard that the one from the other end place the phone receiver on the table for I heard a thud. That's when I started to say my "Hi's" and "Hello's" but no one's responding until the line went dead.

Early morning I confronted my friend Xanne, I told her that I called her around 9 o' Clock in the evening but she just waste my call and didn't even respond to me until the line went dead. I still remember the amusement and the questioning look that registered in her face before she told me that there's no one there in their house last night. Their whole family went out for dinner, then my other friend butt in and told us that their he received a phone call in the wee hours of 3 o' Clock in the morning from Xanne's residential phone number but when he answered it he can only hear an angry woman lecturing a crying child over and over again even if he continuously say "Hello".

To state the obvious, there's no child living in their house for her oldest sibling is a High School Student who is around 14 to 15 years old around that time. Who is the one answering un-attended phone calls from my friend's house? Who is the angry women and the crying child my other friend heard a couple of times, calling him during the witching hour? Up until now we all didn't know...