8

###
Pierre’s POV;

My mind is fuzzy , I looked around and realized i’m back in my bed, and my head throbbed so bad, like a drum. How did I even get in my bed? I don’t even remember walking up the stairs.  dark images of the pier  from last. “my god,” I whispered to myself as I looked around my bedroom. The bright sunlight shone thru my white satin curtains, that probably cost more the Anna Mae’s living expenses in lifetime. A flashback of the the beauty mark girl face flash in my mind.  “oh my god , Shes really dead?” I ask myself aloud. What if someone comes looking for her? What if the police comes to me? And somehow has evidence of her being at my house the night she went missing? More thoughts entered my head.

“BANG BANG BANG!” There was a loud thundering noise at my door. The police are already looking for me. I’m going away for life in person, I didn’t even have kids yet!

I could hear jerry shooting  on the other side of the door, “HEY YOU CAN’T GO AROUND HERE LIKE YOU OWN THE PLACE!” He hollered.

Without thinking twice, I jumped out of bed and made a run for the window. I was still in my night gown but I don’t care. I need to get out of here. At this very moment I hated myself for buying a two story house.  I had a roof that hung over the porch, I continued to look the window for other possible escape routes-

The door slammed open , chills were sent down through every bone in my body. I was shocked. Then I took a good look at the face that came running towards with a huge grin.

“PIERRE!!!” yelled matthew. He hugged me tightly.

I was unable to breath , I had way too much adrenaline from anger and fear to process what was even happening.

Jerry walked in with his hand on his hip  and another holding a Tea cup, “HEY HEY HEY ! MATTHEW THATS ENOUGH LET THE MAN BREATH!”

The two started arguing about how I wasn’t anyones property, and how they can hug me whenever they want, finally after 5 minutes I was able to catch my heart again.

“Matthew, why are you here?” I asked as I sat on my bed.

Matthew chuckled a bit, and sat next to me. “Why, I’m here the same as yours. Silly.”

I looked at him, “I beg your pardon?”

“I’m going to live with you !” He exclaimed,

Jerry began to choke on the Tea he was drinking, “You- live- Whaaa-!” He spat out in between coughs, “its official he has finally lost his mind completely!”

“What about your company?”

“Trashed it.” He replied. I want to be co-founder of COAST CIGGS!”

“ ‘Gars,”I corrected.

“ Ya that,”

Jerry huffed. “ You do realize you become a CEO of a different company every year? And then you trash it and it becomes bankrupt?”.

Matthew scoffed and folded his arms, “What? You think I can control what happens to a company after I leave it? Psh, Just shows how much more of my help you guys can get before your company goes to hell, like the others.”

I sat on my bed contemplating. “Fine. We’ll try you out.”

Matthew grinned so hard I could've sworn his face almost cracked. Jerry huffed. “I show you your room.”

Several hours after I stayed in my room , scared to death. I couldn’t stop seeing that dead girls’ face. The way she’d hold me. Kiss me. Her face when she tried to kill me. The blood that oozed down her forehead when Mae hit her in the head with the vase.

I wonder how Mae coped with this. I can’t even look my self in the mirror because all I see is a murderer, even though it was me who was the victim of all of this. Then my mind would start to think about Mae, My young negro maid that saved me. Why? Why would she save me, all I did was treat her like  dirt. Or even lesser than that. Maybe she wanted to turn me in for murder and steal all my riches ? All these answers that kept me on my bed with a blank stare for several hours.being completely spaced out. What is this?

There was a knock on my door that awoke me from daydream mare. “Yes?” I called to the door. The door slowly opened and it was Jerry.

He walked in and stood right in front of me. “Sir, that maid Mae? she claims you hired her back? But of course you wouldn’t have , but she won’t-”

I jumped up and walked to the front door and pushed the door opened. Maes big almond eyes found mine and we suddenly both understood what were saying without saying anything at all.

I turned toward Jerry, “Yes, I hired her again jerry.”

Looking quite confused he just shook his head and walked away.

“Hey, Mae lets talk.”