Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I was standing in front of the Alter.

“I, John Mayer, take you, Rachel Li, as my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward; for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part.” The stranger with brown eyes, black hair and a well-built body said to me, his voice void of  any emotion.

“I, Rachel Li, take you, Mason Walters, to be my hus-” I stopped abruptly, drawing in a sharp intake of breath. I turned to look at my Father. Before I could even apologize to him, he fell down holding his chest.

I sprinted to him in a blind panic and helped him up. “Rachel, please don’t make me regret what I’m doing,” he said clutching his chest. “I won’t,Father,” I promised before making my way to the Alter again. “I’m sorry Pastor, may we please continue?” I apologize sincerely. He simply nodded.

I took in a deep breath and said, “I, Rachel Li, take you, John Mayer, as my husband, to have and hold from this day forward; for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part.”

That was it. My life was doomed to be with this unknown guy, who never knew who I really was. After that Father said, “Now you may kiss the bride.” I didn’t want that to happen. To my surprise, he just gave me a peck and we left the church in his car, where the words ‘Newly wed’ were engraved.

The ride was awkwardly silent. It made me uncomfortable. Neither of us spoke a word, but I was glad he didn't try to make small talk.

Soon enough, we were standing in front of a mansion. It was huge, and by huge I mean extremely HUGE. This was his house? What, did he rent it out to an army? He parked his car in his garage and we walked into his house. He didn't bother carrying my luggage so I did it myself. Maybe he didn't notice me struggling with the heavy baggage. Yeah, that was probably it.

I stared in awe at the interior of his house. It was beautiful. A chandelier hung from the ceiling and gave the already magnificent house a finishing glow. Everything was white and it resembled a six-star hotel. I looked around, there was nobody in sight. John had disappeared somewhere into the house.

Oh well, guess I’m picking my own room. I randomly picked one and stumbled with my luggage into the room. “Rachel!” I heard someone call me. I went out and found John looking for me. “Yes?” I asked curiously.

“I want you to stay in my room.”  

“What?!” I exclaimed.

“You heard me. This room belongs to one of my cousins, so none of the rooms are vacant. You have no choice but to stay with me.”

I didn't talk at all, it was obviously no use arguing, instead I had an angry expression plastered on my face as I reluctantly took the luggage out of the room and followed John to his bedroom.

It was huge and was painted grey. There was a flat screen TV in front of the king-sized bed. The room was beautiful and I would have liked it, if only I didn't have to stay in here with a stranger.

“You can keep your clothes there and sleep on this half of the bed,” he gestured around the room while instructing me. I simply nodded and started unpacking my items.

Can life be any worse?” I thought to myself.

***

Hey wolfy lovers here is a romantic treat for you all :) check it out :)

This story is edited and then only posted.

 Editing done by: AbidhaAnwar

Dont wait start commenting and voting :)

Sre :)