Chapter 74

This day was one of the most stressful, heart crushing days I've faced with. Not even the fact that one of my best friends was nearly killed by my obsessive stalker, but the fact that he had caused 3 casualties.

3 people that were just living through another day. 3 people that I've had classes with in the past but never really payed much attention.

It's so easy to take things for granted when you don't even realize how easily it can be taken from you.

My head was going numb with pain and my heart ached for the poor family of those children, not even making it to be high school graduates.

"Jess, how are you feeling?" My mother came to my door. It was clear how sleep deprived both of my parents have been the past three days. They've got their hands full. As do I.

"I'll be okay I just don't want to talk right now." I shooed her away.

"I'm going to take a quick nap before I need to get back. Are you sure you'll be okay?" Her droopy eyes scanned me wrecked room. My clothes tossed around and I had managed to knock over the stack of boxes I still have yet to put away.

"Yes mom."

"Grandma is downstairs if you need anything." She reminded me before disappearing behind my door.

I took my pillow back up to my face and let out a throat burning scream. I didn't know how much more of a guilty conscience I could take.

Harry hasn't even attempted to speak to me since he abruptly left 2 nights ago. I guess since I kept my walls up for longer than he expected, he decided to stop attempting to rip them down.

It's crazy how people seem to leave when you need them most. Right now I needed someone to tell me it wasn't my fault. That I wasn't the one who took the lives of innnocent people. But it sure felt like i did.

Melissa has been with me since that night but her parents began to worry about her so she paid them a visit. She apologized the whole way out the door for leaving but it's not her job to keep me sane. I have to fight for my sanity myself.

I've been depressed. You never really understand the true meaning of it until you capture the fatal disease yourself. It's like an uncurable disease. You can't do much to stop it yourself.

It doesn't stay at an equilibrium, it comes in waves.

Once i started getting older and seeing it around me, I never thought I'd be one to get it.

'I'm such a happy person and I have so many things to be thankful for.' is what I would tell myself. There's no one I could be unhappy with myself.

But here I am, alone in my bedroom. Days passing although it feels like weeks.

Being pushed back in forth from my room to an old dirty questioning room at a police department. Where the people there just glare at you like you're something made out of answers and explanations.

I would see familiar faces as I would pass through. I even saw Louis there but my brain just didn't light up like it normally would. I looked blankly at him and just continued my route.

I was now waiting for the moment when i would see Harry again. See him with another girl. I could feel it in my gut that he's surely seen her.

Probably went to get pity from her because he knew he could get something, anything out of her.

My phone had been in the same spot since i got it back yesterday. Just sitting there on the floor near my mirror still stayed propped up against the wall.