Chapter Eleven

Wait, is this for real? Rebekah is still alive?! Rebekah still writes?! Am I dreaming? Why am I using third person?
Yes, I am alive! College, however, is killing me and also my ability to write. I obviously failed my goal in finishing this over the summer but I have not given up on this project. I know how this is supposed to end but conveying my thoughts into a Word document and to Wattpad is so much harder than I thought. I can feel my writing has started to dwindle but thankfully I wrote parts of this story so you can (or maybe not) see where I have conjoined the old and the new writing.

Anyway, I'm really excited for this Chapter. It's freaking drama filled!!!!

I will continue to be a little MIA until my finals are done (Dec. 16) then I will post up the next Chapter (HOPEFULLY).

Please enjoy!

Chapter Eleven

"Well, I like you, Jeremy Hainsworth. Now what?"

Those words kept me awake throughout the weekend. Her confession to me made me lose track of reality. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't do homework. I even forgot to feed. It seemed like everything in my body was just focused on one thing - Pristine. She was the only one who could cure me and make me normal again but she had to leave with her parents for a conference her dad had to attend with the other Elders. The distance between us was even more agonizing now that we had confessed to each other.

I felt my face heat up every time I thought about what happened that night after our confession. There was a lot of kissing involved but we both had a mutual understanding that nothing further could happen. She was a werewolf and I was a vampire. She had a whole life to look forward to with the fate of finding a mate, something I didn't entirely understand, and I'm too shy and self-conscious to do anything but kiss. That had reached way above my limit in the first place.

I shook my head and paced around the room. Although it was a late Sunday afternoon, the windows in my room were closed with thick curtains, letting the darkness envelope around me as comfort. I didn't know exactly what to do with my life until I could see Pristine again tomorrow at school. I shook my head furiously at the constant thought and looked at my pale hands. What was happening to me?

There was a knock on the door, which made me jump more than I wished to admit. It snapped me back to the reality I was currently in and I pulled on a thin t-shirt, despite the chilling weather, before opening the door.

Derek stood there leaning on the door post, his arms crossed and an eyebrow raised.

"Were you still sleeping?" Derek asked curiously, looking past me, taking in the dark room without giving away his thoughts.

"No, I just needed the dark to think." I decided it was best to be completely honest. I couldn't risk any opportunity for Derek to look into my thoughts in case he found out that I knew of his plans.

"What's been plaguing your mind?" Derek asked, worriedly and a little bit of what I thought was suspicion. If I had a beating heart, Derek would surely be able to hear it quicken.

"Pristine," I said, gritting my teeth in embarrassment.

"The girl you fancy?" Derek said with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes at him and came out of my bedroom, shutting the door as we both headed downstairs.

"Don't tease me Derek," I groaned, brushing my messy hair to the side and rubbing my eyes as it adjusted to the light.

"Well I can't help but laugh at you lovebirds," Derek chuckled.

"I don't understand Derek," I asked in frustration. "Why do I feel such a big pull to her? I don't think vampires are capable of this strong of an emotion."