Chapter Two

Chapter 2

And so as Monday morning rolled around I had everything ready. I applied some black eyeliner, mascara, and lip gloss. I straightened my glossy brown hair and checked that everything about myself was perfect.

Over the weekend Sarah had insisted that I have a makeover. She took out her scissors and cut some of my long hair into a still long but pretty hairstyle. She also curled my hair slightly to give it "that natural wavy look" and taught me how to do it myself. Lastly, she threw my glasses into the food court garbage can at the mall and I questioned her sanity while almost having a heart attack. Luckily, apparently her and my mom had discussed this beforehand so she wasn't as loony as I though her to be when she left me blinded. Her and mom had bought me contact lenses. Sarah and I even went to Sephora's and bought make-up, and to other stores for clothes. It was safe to say that I was a new and improved Emily with a whole new wardrobe to prove it.

I finally reached school and walked out of my car, wearing a dark blue dress with a thin brown belt on top of it laying across my waist. On my feet I sported a simple pair of blue Louis Vuitton red bottoms, that were appropriately high for school but flashy enough to get me noticed.

Sarah walked out alongside me, looking like her normal self which still left me in awe because my best friend was good looking! Her brown eyes also had mascara on but put lightly with pink lip gloss. Her hair was naturally curly but she straightened it. She wore Steve Madden riding boots with wash faded skinny jeans and an open back long sleeve shirt.

We split our ways and I walked down to the south wing to reach my locker. On my way there I got many compliments on my shoes, most by freshman girls.

Once reaching my locker I opened the door and put in most of my books. Leaving only the ones I needed in my back, I heard someone next to my locker.

"Hi gorgeous, I don't remember ever seeing you around" I heard Chris' voice say.

I was nervous, not only was Chris one of the best looking boys in our school but he was also incredibly popular. Getting along well with him would be the deciding factor in getting in as one of the populars. Chris was tall, he had light brown golden hair that fell right above his incredibly mesmerizing light green hazel eyes.

I quickly recomposed myself and replied "Hey cutie, I don't remember you either"

Chris' ego seemed to falter as he realized its was me but he too got himself back together quickly.

"Em? Wow uh um you look so.. Nice." He said while not so subtly checking me out "You should sit with me during lunch, we could use another pretty face"

"I'll think about it" I replied while playing with his shirt collar. Then I walked away towards math, happy because my plan was going a thousand gazillion billion times better than I expected it to go.

Trigonometry breezed by because math was one of my best subjects. Second period rolled around and I was slightly scared. I had second period English lit with Annabelle and some of her posse. Thankfully, I had this class with Sarah too.

I walked in and sat down next to Sarah. Amanda, one of Annabelle's friends told me she liked my outfit and quickly sat down. I thanked her and took out a pen and the latest book we were reading- The Odyssey.

Annabelle soon walked in but before I could even think of anything a note flew on to my desk. I read it:

-Hi Em, you look pretty today :)

I looked up to see one of the school's biggest players, Will.

I replied back

-Thanks! So do you :)

He answered

-So there's a party this Friday at Alex's house. You should come :)

Yes! Finally invited to a party, wow today was successful so far! I was about to excuse myself to have my own little success dance when Mrs. Dixon cleared her throat. I looked up to see the whole class staring at me, I blushed and the teacher thankfully went on with her class. The rest of the morning classes were a breeze, not one snotty comment was said yet by Annabelle and I was actually having a good time.

The bell rung and I left my photography class and made my way over to the cafeteria. I wonder how finally sitting at the popular table feels. Would it be any different? Where would Sarah sit?

I went to the cafeteria line and made my own salad, after I had bought everything I walked towards the tables and conveniently found Sarah right next to me.

"Sarah, Chris asked me to sit with him during lunch. You should sit with me"

Sarah quickly agreed, she knew all of the people sitting in the table and got along fairly well with them. Well MOST of them, all of them minus Annabelle.

A/N

I had this chapter written a while ago but due to Hurrican Sandy and all of her chaos I couldn't upload. oh and maybe I'm gounded atm, but no big deal >.> guys don't  tell.