Chapter 28: You Probably Hate Me

Author's Note: Okay, so I know I said I wouldn't take a week, and then I did. But, I have a reason. I had school of course, but thenn this weekened I went out of state and the wi-fi sucked and was ridicuously slow. I wasn't gonna upload today, but I got home and I started writing and so here it is. I hope you all like it, and I'm gonna try to update this week, but if not then this upcoming weekend. Ohhh, annnnnd y'all know I'm not the type who's like '20403 comments and 1530394 votes before I upload', 'cause that's beyond annoying, but there's usually more votes than comments. Can I get some more comments? I wanna know what y'all think of the chapter! I mean, there usually are comments, but I'm just curious. But if you don't, then I'm gonna upload on time either way, just a request. ❤ 

              “Come on,” Todd tells me, standing up. My legs feel like jelly, making it impossible for me to stand.

               “I don’t wanna hear it. What if it’s bad?” I say, looking up at Todd as the tears continue to fall.

Will sighs, standing up. “It can’t be that bad. Let’s just hear what he has to say. Yeah?”

I groan, putting my hands out. Jacob grabs them, pulling me up from the ground. The four of us walk over to where the doctor in the white lab coat is standing. He has a tired look on his face, and he looks weary. Weary is never good. Hailey - who’s cradling on to her mother - let’s go of Sarah and steps closer to me, actually hugging me. I know we’re kinda like friends now, but it’s still a bit awkward. When she pulls back, I smile slightly, wiping a few stray tears away.

          “What’s the news doctor?” Uncle Ricky asks, looking at the doctor. I peer down at the man’s nameplate. Dr. Roberts.

          “Well,” He starts, looking at us all. I look down at the floor, bracing myself for the horrible news and Jacob pulls me into him, squishing me to his side. “He’s not awake yet. But as far as I can tell, his body is accepting the blood transfusion, and that’s good. He lost quite a bit though, so it’ll take a while for it to be complete. For the time being though, his vitals are looking pretty good considering. If you’d like, you can go in. He may be able to hear you if you talk to him, but maybe not. And lastly, he’s being constantly monitored.” With that he smiles slightly at us.

          “So he’ll make a full recovery, you think?” Chastity asks, from where she’s standing behind Todd, holding his hand.

            “Honestly, it’s too soon to tell. But there’s hope. If that’s all, I have another patient I must go see about.”

And with that, Dr. Roberts gives us a parting smile and then leaves the waiting room. I sigh and turn around; walking back towards the cushiony chair I was sitting in. I pull my legs up in the chair, putting my head down in-between my knees. I feel one of the boys sit beside me, but I don’t lift my head to acknowledge their presence. My phone rings in my pocket, but I don’t take it out, not in the mood to talk to anyone.

          “McKenna,” Jacob’s voice says quietly. “McKenna, your phone is ringing.”

          “I don’t wanna talk to whoever it is.” I tell him.

He seems to accept that, because after a few seconds, the phone stops but then starts again. Neither of us says anything for a while and I hear Jacob…maybe Todd? One of them sighs, and I groan, pulling my phone out of my pocket.