21

Derek is tugging me down the stairs before I can even try to protest. "You're hurting my wrist Derek." I whine and he loosens his grip give me a sympathetic glance. "What did it look like?" I give him confused look "the wolf Maize." He adds as we get to the bottom of the stairs. "I don't remember." I tell him honestly making him sigh deeply.

"What's wrong?" Spike questions as we enter the study, Ben is sitting on the couch next to the fireplace. "Based on that look nothing good." He adds standing up.

"Maize saw a wolf, I'm assuming one of Timothys rouges. He is trying to play mind games and I'm not in the damn mood." Derek growls to them "but she doesn't remember anything." A few more of the members enter the study as they continue to talk.

"I'm sorry I thought it was one of you guys." I whisper sitting on the couch suddenly feeling small and in the way. "I would've paid more attention if I knew." I tell them "all I know was he was only watching me for a moment."

"It's Timothy he's the only person who could've brought rouges this far up the mountain." Derek grumbles slapping a map down on the desk. "If I see him I swear to god I rip his fucking throat out."

I shake my head, I shouldn't have went on that walk. I hate seeing Derek so worked up. It also makes me wonder why him and his brother hate each other so
much. I don't know much about Derek's past, only that he drank and partied a lot. But he stopped as soon as we met.

I hear the front door slam nearly shaking the walls. "Hello anybody home?" I hear the teasing voice echo through the cabin, Timothy. I look towards Derek who's eyes are beginning to glow.

I grip Derek's bicep trying to tug him back as I jump in between him and the door frame. "Calm down Derek he hasn't touched me. I'm fine nothing happened." I tell Derek as he harshly breathes above me his eyes never meeting mine. "listen to the babe Derek." Timothy adds from down the hall way making me turn to him as Derek stays pressed up against my back "i swear Ill fucking knock you out." Derek growls from behind me Timothy smirking enjoying his anger. "I haven't touched her, yet." That's all it takes for Derek to storm from behind me pushing me into the wall my head hitting against it roughly making me drop my phone from my hand.

"Maize!" Spike runs to me keeping me from loosing my balance as my head spins. Derek is knocked out of his furious state, his eyes on me. "Fuck baby are you okay? I'm so sorry." He grabs my hand steadying me. "'Maybe if you weren't so concerned about going after your brother this wouldn't have happened." I snapped picking up my now shattered phone. "I know I'll fix it I'm sorry baby." He apologizes his eyes never leaving mine he moves my hair behind my ears. "Is your head alright?" He asks but I push past him holding my hand up to him.

"ok you two come with me." I pulled both of them away into the study  closing the doors as spike mouthes 'good luck' to me making me shake my head. I turn back around finding derek gripping Timothy's collar. "Stop it!" I shout before rolled my eyes pushing Derek down to sit on the couch as I sat beside him giving him a look that told him to cut it out. "so what happened?" I question eyeing them both. "What is so god awful that you two can't stand each other?" They don't say anything making me grow irritated I smack Derek's arm urging him to talk.

"He left the pack to join the damn rouges. Who leaves their family to go be a fucking nobody?" Derek seethes betrayal laced in his voice. Timothy scoffs from the other side of the room. "You fucked every single one of my girlfriends and was so plastered you couldn't even remember doing it. So yeah I'd rather be a fucking nobody then belong to a pack who's alpha is a piece of shit."

"It's not my damn fault they threw themselves at me! Learn how to keep a damn woman happy and maybe the won't go looking for something else." Derek snaps back making my mouth fall wide as his words, he is angry I tell myself, but it doesn't stop the ache in my chest.  "I was out of my mind back then I couldn't stop myself if I wanted to. But Don't stand over there and act fucking innocent either Timothy, you made me that way. You were the one who taught me how to be the monster I was. You gave me the alcohol, the drugs, the women. You told me that's how I would be a man. You taught me how to play the game, you only hated it because it bit you in the ass. I will admit my wrong doings but what's unforgivable is leaving your family to be a rouge and then to lurk in the same woods as my mate. You're testing my fucking patience Timothy I swear." Derek warns through gritted teeth standing to his feet. I pull him back by his arm Timothy not daring to look at him and I don't blame him. "I just got a hold of my damn life, I don't do that stupid shit anymore. So I'll be damned if you come up here and try to wreck shit again."

"You both clearly are in the wrong here, but it won't help anything by going at each other's throats constantly." I finally say rubbing my temples. "You are brothers who have a crazy past but thats where it needs to stay in the past. So grow the hell up and move on!" I say rather harshly glaring at the both of them. "You have two totally separate lives now, neither of them having to do with one another. So if you can't get along stay away from each other, but I think you're both man enough to forgive and forget."

I catch Timothy rolling his eyes and I nearly smack him straight across his face but I hold myself back. "Whatever you're lucky I found my mate and have a pack of my own or else I wouldn't give up so easily. I'm willing to forget but don't act so high and might she's the only reason." He says to Derek pointing to me before stretching out his hand that Derek slowly shakes. "You keep her around she could really talk some sense into that thick skull of yours." He eyes me as he walks past "good luck with him." He says to me before leaving the room.

Derek turns to look at me "you might as well been on his side." He says to me catching me off guard "oh I'm sorry I'm just suppose to blindly follow your lead even if I don't agree with it?" I mock back crossing my arms over my chest, he can't be serious. "If anyone should be upset it should be me. I know nothing about your past because you tell me nothing about it. I look so stupid." I say defeated.

"You're being ridiculous." He tells me and I laugh a loud airy laugh, shaking my head. "If roles where reversed and you where sat here hearing about my past, you would be livid. You couldn't stand knowing someone else touched me before you." He closes his eyes his anger building and I know better than to keep pushing but I'm hurt and can't stop myself from getting under his skin. "Go ahead think about it Derek, you can't can you? It eats you alive to picture somebody else having me doesn't it. Now you know how it feels."

"shut up! shut the hell up maize!" he shouts throwing his hands up and pounding them against the wall above my head making me jump but my eyes stay locked with his. he's breathing is heavy as he has me pinned between his body and the wall. "i can't keep doing this Derek." I tell him my voice soft, a knock on the glass door breaks our heated argument slightly.

"Maize?" I hear Shelly's voice through the door. I go to walk to the door as Derek catches my wrist. "where are you going?" he asks he's eyes still rough and full of pint up frustration but his voice small. "I'm going to watch a movie with Shelly and Stella, I'm just going to stay in her room tonight I think give us some space." I tell him pulling my arm form his grasp. "space?" he repeats the word and when it comes from him it sounds harsher and colder. I nod in reply "I meant what I said Derek. I can't keep being left in the dark. I'm tired of it." he nodded his head falling and not looking at me as I left the room.

"you ok?" Shelly asks and I nod putting a smile on my face. "I've been dying to see this movie all day." I say pulling her up the stairs as she hugs me tightly. "me too maiz." she grins not asking any further questions about me and Derek the rest of the night and I was grateful. for once I felt like a regular person. I didn't have to watch what I said or did. I didn't have to act a certain type of wayI felt free.