Nothing of a sort

The cold air slapped on my face like thunder the moment I out of the house. And my neck had become an ice pillar regardless of the mile-long scarf mum had dutifully wrapped around my neck. "Don't need you freezing up dear" she said at the sight of my bare neck attached to my almost-leaving-the-house body. Must be something with her hormones getting ready for the baby, her being so... smotherly motherly on me.

The park was practically empty; no one in their sane minds would go out on a day like this. But I wasn't in my sane mind today. Nope. I was feeling rather mad at gran about the whole party thing. She knew I hated that man, why would she throw him a party... was she intentionally trying to get on my bad side? or had she lost her memory of all the things that had happened in the past ten year?

Whatever it was, I didn't want to think about it. I and Norma were going out to clear both our minds on all the insanity that's been going on around us. Both Good and bad. For me, mostly bad. it's something we call BSMW (before school mind wash). We always have mind washes, but this one was special. it gets you ready for the absolute torture that is, school.

Norma called a few minutes ago to say she couldn't make it; she had to babysit her cousin down the street. I would have gone over but the last thing I need is a 2year-old chewing on my laces. I'd kick him right off to the other side of the universe, far-far away.

She sounded disappointed over the phone but I didn't want to notice. I felt guilty enough for so many things, E.G:

1. Storming off from Gran the other day like that (even though it was totally her fault)

2. Not helping mum and Martin enough at home.

3. Not being as good a friend as i should be to Norma and,

4. Being born and messing up mum's life.

I know, number four seems a bit dramatic but it's true. I could go back and explain but I'd have to remember stuff. Stuff that i've boxed up and pushed to the furthest corner of my mind, on the brink of falling off the cliff into the FORGOTTEN valley, but they don't. They never do. They just can't.