A Tribute to Dead Friends (Naruto Fanfic)

Hello and welcome to my first fanfic for a very very very long time. It was inspired by reading the latest Naruto chapters. Obito is now my favorite character. I really like guys who are good, then evil, then good (because you know it's going to end that way) I really like this relationship between Obito and Kakashi, it makes me think about what I would do if I assumed someone who was long dead suddenly started walking around once more.

This story takes place a few years later while Obito is on the run from the law.

#################A tribute to deceased friends ################

"Hey Kakashi what are you doing. You can't lie around here all day!"

Who... Who is that?

Kakashi felt nothing but pain and everything before him was a blur. He blinked and tried to clear his head, but the world in front of him swirled. Suddenly everything came back into focus and he found himself staring up at a rock ceiling, possibly a cave. His eyes darted back and forth in an attempt to understand his new situation, until they landed on an unknown stranger. Half his face was covered by a mass of hair, and the other half was maimed by spiral shaped scarring. Maybe a victim of the war? He thought. The hair reminded him of Sasuke.

With a groan Kakashi sat himself up. The right side of his head was pounding and he raised his hand up to touch it. Only hair, that was good, no blood. The stranger continued to stare at him with more irritation than concern. The man seemed to know him, but Kakashi didn't known anyone with a busted face.

"Who are you?" Kakashi groaned.

"What do you mean, who are you? It's me Obito."

Obito? No, that couldn't be right, Obito was dead lying under half a tone of rock. He certainly wasn't alive staring at him like he had the chance to grow up and live. Who was this ninja and why was he messing with him?"

"No, you can't be Obito."

"What are you talking about? Of course I'm Obito."

"Prove it!" Kakashi knew he had him now, there was no way this strange guy could fool him.

The stranger sighed and moved the rest of his hair away from the other side of his face to unveil his smooth skin and very Obito looking features, complete with missing eye.

"Obito! No it can't be. But if you're here it must mean......." This was finally it wasn't it? Kakashi must have messed up and died. He was finally meeting his old friend in the afterlife.

He reached out and grabbed a handful of Obito's long hair and pulled. The other guy cried out in pain before slapping Kakashi in the face. "What are you doing! You're not dead yet! But if you continue on like this..."

No...No..It couldn't be...Obito..Alive......

Kakashi felt numb. How has he missed this. How had his seemingly dead friend walked away from the incident, and he Kakashi had failed to notice?

"I don't get it, how can you be alive? How did you survive?"

"You really don't remember do you?" said Obito while poking Kakashi's head. He hit upon the sore part and Kakashi flinched away in pain. "Hmmm, it must have hit you harder than I expected."

"What! What hit me?"

"Let's not worry about the details of the alarm system, what's the last thing you remember?"

"I remember being ordered on a mission to receive Sasuke then," his memory became fuzzy, he wasn't sure if they succeeded or failed. "I think he got away."