Off To Olympus

That night, I could barely sleep. Thoughts about failing my parent-not reaching my full potential in their eyes-were echoing through my head, and prevented me from falling asleep. What was I going to have to do to prove myself to them? Will it be a test of some sort? I am not too bright in Greek mythology-but I did know a few few stories that my mom and grandma used to tell me. Or will it be a test of strengths? I was terrible at sword fighting and my skill with the bow and arrow seemed to be only temporary when I was pumped with adrenaline.

Sighing, I realized that over thinking this wasn't going to do me any good. I shut my eyes and let sleep take me captive.

It was at least, at least, four in the morning when they came to wake us all up. My body feels as if someone cut me open and filled me with lead instead of blood. Rubbing at my sleepy eyes, I quickly shoved a few changes of clothes into my bag-now they tell me that we will be staying the night. 

I tiny tug on the hem of my sweatpants caught my attention and pulled my out of my stupor. "Olive? Can you help me pack?" Peering up at me was Skylar, her hair in a tangled mess and her bunny-whatever his name is-being dragged on the ground. 

I set aside my finished bag and knelt down by her. "Of course, but aren't you in a different cabin now? It's a long walk from there to here." I smiled at her.

She blinked at me and nodded. "I didn't know what to bring and I don't know anyone in my cabin-so I came here. Can you please help me?" She pouted and rubbed at her eyes, tired.

I nodded and grabbed her hand and my own finished bag. "Okay, let me just set my stuff by Luke's bunk and then we will be off!" 

By the time we sorted through all of Skylar's clothes, it was almost time to leave. If you are wondering about where Orion is, I am not too overly cautious where he is concerned-if you haven't noticed already he always finds a way back to me. We shoved all of her things into her over night bag-I had to make her sit on top of the thing to get the zipper done up. I guess it just goes to show that if you are a cute little girl people will give you things-a lot of things.

"All clear?" A petite girl walked through the Apollo cabin and  started checking off the empty beds. "You guys on your way out soon? We leave in ten." 

I nodded and held up the completely stuffed bag. "Yup, we are leaving now." I grabbed Skylar's hand and we shuffled out of the cabin and into the paved street outside of Apollo's cabin. "Are you hungry? I think everyone's having breakfast at the mess hall right now?" I smiled down at her and she blinked up at me. 

"Ya, sure." 

After stuffing ourselves for the few minute that we had left at the campus, everyone was called to attention.

Mr. D stood in front of the mess hall and started to bark orders. "Alright! We are going on a trip to Olympus today-everyone had best be on your best behavior-or else." He glared at a few people whom were chuckling in the corner of the hall. "The gods can be vengeful-so DON'T upset them. Also! You will follow the commands of your camp leaders and they will follow the commands of myself and the other people running the camp-UNDERSTOOD?" 

He took a long pause and looked at every person in the room-almost challenging them to go against his orders. "Now, everyone will follow their camp leader to the bus assigned to their cabin and we will be off-and -put a move on it people we need to leave by FIVE!" 

Everyone stood on his command and quickly shuffled outside-no one wants to upset Mr. D. Since I am in Hermes's cabin I was assigned to bus number 11 and Skylar was in bus 7. I gave her a hug and got onto my bus quickly-wanting to get a window seat before anyone else.