Talks + Coffee Houses

On the way home, I stopped by the local bakery and picked up a small cake in celebration. It was a small red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting with blue flower decals.

When i walked in the apartment, Liam was sitting on the couch reading something off his phone.

“I home!” I called putting the cake on the counter. Suddenly the bathroom swung up revealing Rydel coming from the bathroom.

“Oh, I didn't realize how late it was.” She exclaimed when she say me in the kitchen.

“What's in the box Sunny?” Liam casually asked, walking into the room with me and his girlfriend. He slipped his arm around Rydel's waist.

“Um, I got offered a contract with Hollywood Records.” I explained sheepishly. And I swear on my life, the corners of Rydel's lips twitched into a small smile.

But Liam's was a defiant smile. He took his hand from Rydel's waist and wrapped them around me. “Sunny, that's awesome!”

“I haven't made any decisions yet. I might not even take it.”

Liam took a long hard look at me. “What do you mean. Sunny, it's a good offer, you should take it.”

I sighed and sat on the stool next to the counter. “I want to, but I also want to focus on my acting career. That's what we came out here for.”

Liam placed his hand on my shoulders and looked me dead in the eyes. “Avery Cassidee Mason, take this offer! You don't want to look back on this and regret not taking it.”

I nodded my head. “Okay, I'll do it.”

“Okay, now let me have some of this cake!” Liam said moving to the small cake.

“You want a piece?” I asked Rydel.

“Ew, it's red velvet!” Liam exclaimed with a sour face.

I looked towards Rydel, awkwardly holding out a plate. “You want a piece?” She politely shook her head. “You can take a piece home I know Roc-- Um never mind.” I put the paper plate down.

Rydel looked at her boyfriend and jerked her head towards his bedroom. Liam looked hesitantly between us, but walked down the hallway to his room.

Rydel looked over to me, trying to smile. She sat on the stood. “Avery, I think it's time for us to talk.”

~~~

*Rocky's pov*

I sat in the middle of the recording studio with a notepad in one hand and a computer in front of me working on the latest song for R5. Ms. Diaz came walking into the studio with her phone pressed between her ear and her shoulder.

“Yes sir. I just finished talking with her.” She talked into the phone. “Avery said she'd have to think about it. I gave her til next week to let me know what she decided.”

Ms. Diaz paused to listen to her boss before saying goodbye and hanging up the phone. Sh turned to me with a smile so big, it scared me...

“Rocky, just the guy I wanted to see. I wanted to thank you so much! You were right, Avery is an amazing singer!”

I smiled. “I'm glad you liked it Marisol.”

She grabbed her purse from the inside of the recording booth. “Later.” I waved after her as she walked out of the room.

When the coast was clear, I whipped out my iPhone and tapped the Youtube app. After signing into my account, Rockin'Man, I clicked over to Avery's video. I just loved her cover of my favorite song!