Time Heals Chapter 1 Three Years

Time Heals

Chapter 1 Three Years

Disclaimer: Don't own any characters, but I do like to play with the Cullen boys a little. Preferabely with Jasper or Emmett.

A/N: This is the typical Edward leaves Bella and Alice leaves Jasper and Bella and Jasper are meant to be together, however there are a lot of secrets and things that will be revealed that make it different so please stick with me. Plus their relationship will not be meet back up and the next day they are in love.

A/N: Oh and the werewolves don't exist. Jacob will be mentioned briefly later, but he's not a part of the story

Jasper

You know the saying 'time heals all wounds,' well whoever said it never met Isabella Swan and had no clue what the fuck they were talking about.

Three years, that's how long it has been. Three years since that horrible fucked up birthday party that changed everything. Three years since the Cullen family started to and eventually fell apart. Three years to the day since I tried to kill Bella.

I thought back to that day and these subsequent three years as I watched Bella through the bookstore window where she now worked.

We had all been excited. Alice had been bouncing around getting everything ready to go. Carlisle and Esme had looked on with a smile on their face. Rose wasn't so happy, but it was Rose so no one expected any less. Emmett was beside him with eagerness to get the party started. He'd even made the decision to try the cake although I knew he'd me throwing it up later. I was sticking to the perimeter of the room. It had been a few days since I hunted and I had planned on going earlier, but Alice had begged me for my help and I put it off. By the time I had a chance to go it would have made me late. I would have still gone, but Alice had promised it would all be okay. Little did I or anyone else in the family know how wrong she was.

When Bella and Edward had finally come in I could feel she didn't want to be there, but she also didn't want to hurt Alice's feelings. In the beginning it was all fine Alice gave her the present myself, Emmett and Rosalie had chosen for her. Then it was Alice and Edward's turn and the excitement level had cranked up a notch and I drifted closer. And then it happened. The one thing I'd always dreaded happening while being around Bella.

It was just one drop and maybe if Alice had tried to talk me down I could have controlled myself enough to get away, but then Edward had to throw her back into the glass plates and with even more blood being spilt I was done. I needed it and I needed it right then. I was beyond help and it took all Emmett and Rose had to just wrestle me outside and into the forest. It took about a second of breathing fresh air before I realized what I had almost done. As soon as the weight of everything came crashing down on me I ran. I went straight to Alaska that night knowing the others would soon follow. Edward wouldn't let this go. It was what he always said would happen and it was always the plan to leave if one of us lost control with Bella.

Everyone, but Edward arrived in Denali the next day just like I knew they would. Everyone felt the same level of disappointment, but they all had other emotions going on as well. Carlisle and Esme had understanding and love and it killed me that they still felt that way, but it was something I should have expected. They loved unconditionally no matter what. Rose was smug and I knew she was just itching to say 'I told you so'. Emmett was torn. He loved Bella like a sister and wanted to stay, but he also knew with my attempt we were a threat and that it was probably best that we left.

Alice was the most surprising. She carried the disappointment but also guilt and then when Edward arrived two days later he was the same way. I didn't know what they had to feel guilty about after all I was the one who tried to fucking eat her. I asked a few times why they felt that way and received the same answer each time. They had been the ones adamant in bringing Bella into our lives. Although I could feel the truth in their words I always felt like there was something else. Something they weren't saying, but neither chose to confirm or deny it so I let it go