Personal Experience

When I opened my eyes again, the pain was gone. I smiled to myself weakly and felt someone squeeze my hand. "Kathryn?"

I opened my eyes and smiled up at my big brother. "Hello, Jon," I smiled.

He smiled from relief as well and sighed. "I was worried. You've been out for over 24 hours already," he said and then furrowed his eyebrows. "How are you feeling?" 

24 hours? I've been out longer than I expected. It explains why I'm feeling better. Weak, but better. And that's exactly what I answered to him. "Weak, but better."

He smiled and stroked my hair. Then something seemed to happen, almost as if he was kicked in the stomach. "Are you.. Umm... Sore anywhere?"

I tilted my head and shifted, feeling it. I was sore indeed. But I know why he asked that. "Don't tell me you want to give me the sex talk, Jonathan," I playfully glared at him. He blushed, ashamed of being caught and coughed awkwardly. "Mother of Goddess. Please, don't start. Mom taught me all that when I was ten."

"Okay, okay, you can stop. I was just worried. I know from, you know, personal experience. Eve and you know..."

"Okay, now you stop," I giggled. "I don't need to know more." He chuckled and awkwardly scratched his neck. A lightbulb seemed to have been turned on and he hastily grabed the glass of water from the nightstand and handed it to me. 

I held the duvet to my body and slowly sat up, trying not to push my aching muscles. I take the glass and gulp down the water. I hadn't realized how dry my throat was, before the water slid down it.

I lifted the glass from my lips and handed it back to him. "More personal experience?" I taunt. He blushed and nods quietly. He then looks at me and frowns.

"How many times have you been in heat?" he asked silently. I chewed on the inside of my cheek and played with the edge of the duvet.

"This was the eight time," I admitted and he flinched.

"You were alone seven times this happened?" he asked bitterly. "Didn't the nearby pack hear your cries or something?"

I shook my head. "In my heat time I always went to the lake near the tree house I lived in. I survived there. The lake has a ton of underwater cold streams and it kept the water always cold. It helped me control my temperature a bit."

He seemed to be upset and didn't have anything else to say. He walked into the bathroom with the glass and returned when it was filled again. I drank that as well and then felt like I've had enough.

I licked my lips and looked around the room. "Where's Liam anyways?" I asked briefly.

"He's in his study, having a conversation with the Alpha from Grey Valley pack. Grey Valley might be the pack that joins us," Jon answered. "He didn't want to leave you alone, but this is important, so he asked me to look after you and let him know when you wake up."

I chuckled. "And did you let him know?"

He shrugged. "No. He's in the middle of the meeting, I'm sure Alpha Fredric wouldn't like him running off very suddenly to see you," he answered, looking at me with an innocent look. I laughed and slid back down with a sigh.

"Don't tell him yet indeed. I'm still kind of tired, so I think I'll just take a rest," I said quietly and smiled at him. He nodded and patted my knee gently. 

"Alright. I'll be right here until Liam comes," he promised and I closed my eyes calmly, drifting into sleep.

**

I awoke again to someone playing softly with my hair. I grunted and opened my eyes. The person pulled me closer to them and kissed my head. Liam.

"I'm here, I'm here," he assured me, lips pressed against my scalp. I sighed and rolled around, holding myself closer to him. I felt the sting of my aching muscles, but there's no need to tell him that. He would just go all protective over me again.

"You're so damn right," he chuckled and I pouted.

"You were in my head again," I accused and sighed, feeling him wrap his arms tighter around me.

"I know you well enough that if you were even in the slightest of pain yet, you wouldn't let me know until it got so bad you have scream out and cry," Liam said quietly and gazed right into my eyes.

"Well I'm not in pain, Liam. I'm much better. A bit weak yet, but better," I assured him and smiled. He moved one of his hands downwards until my thigh and then lifted it on his hip. The action made me flinch and he raised an eyebrow.

"You see, that's a sort of pain too. Except this one was my caused."

I sighed and shook my head. "Stop Liam. Don't blame yourself for this. This is a consequence I can live with, honestly." He seemed fine with that answer and brought me closer for a sweet kiss. When we broke apart, I looked over him. His eyes had  slightly purple lines beneath them. "Have you had any sleep?"

"No," he shrugged. "I really don't know what kept me up for the 8 hours I spent with you, but it wore off after you passed out. Then mom stopped by, bringing me coffee a couple of times. I've just had a ton of coffee today," he added.

"Wow, that must have been one hell of a lot bathroom breaks," I joked and he chuckled. "Okay, you should go to sleep then."

He groaned and flipped us over, so he was on top of me. He supported himself and leaned down to press a slow kiss on my lips. I playfully nibbled on his bottom lip and he grunted.

"This is why I can't keep myself away from you," he whispered and I stared in his eyes. I batted my eyelashes innocently, but that didn't seem to work on him the best.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him down towards me. He kissed me again and this time I answered. But when he licked my lips asking for entrance I didn't grant it too him and he grunted.

He tried all those cheesy moves, like tickling me and pinching my sides, but nothing helped. Finally I flipped us over and parted my lips only enough for him. Pretty soon, I pulled away and smirked.

"Tsk, tsk, don't get naughty now."

He chuckled and held my hips. "You're right. Ivy just moved back in the house. We wouldn't want to scare her away again, right?"