An angel... belonged

Eight years passed.

Thirteen year-old Angelene, had already mastered the life of a servant.

Unfortunately, her parents were vicious. The twins were terrible. She was abused terribly, that not a day passed when she wasn't either slapped, punched or kicked numerous times.

Angelene was their only servant in the mansion.

Esme and Eve had almost the same personality. But both differed in their style in color. Esme liked blue, dresses while Eve like red ones. They similar in their sync envy of Angelene-but both will never admit it.

Angelene was currently wiping the windows of the living room of the house, until she heard the twins giggling together and entering. The twins didn't mind Angelene's presence, as both of them plopped down to the sofa while talking together.

Angelene had her back against them, while the sofa was faced against her.

"Hey, did you hear? the gorgeous Earl Ciel Phantomhive returned and with him was a handsome butler? I hear that they're going to this village next month to watch the opera here." Esme said before giggling like a madwoman. Both of them heard of Earl phantomhive when they saw the newspaper, and with it was a picture of Ciel and his butler.

"God Esme, yes. He's cute and the best part is, he's about our age and he is a very rich Earl." Eve replied, staring at the picture of Ciel.

"What are you two beautiful ladies talking about?" The father of the twin, Westley, spoke entering before kissing the twin's cheeks, causing both to giggle.

Angelene brushed off the envy she felt and reminded herself to be happy for them and moved onto the next glass.

"We were talking about Ciel Phantomhive. Isn't he dreamy?" Eve pointed out the newspaper to her dad.

Westley took the newspaper and raised his eyebrow, thinking that if one of his daughter's married Ciel Phantomhive, money will be out and the possibility of him being an earl wasn't impossible.

But when he read the following:

"Both returned from out of nowhere, even so, Ciel Phantomhive's cousin/ fiancee' was overjoyed."

He had a back up plan. Westley wanted one of his daughters to marry either and earl or someone rich as an earl.

"Daddy?" Esme questioned when he saw the seriousness of his father.

"Ah yes. It seems as though he already has a fiancee'" Westley stated. Causing both of the twin to whine.

Westley held a finger to silence his daughters. "But, it doesn't mean you have no chance."

Angelene smiled a bit at them before proceding to the table. She began wiping the vase. They were quite amusing for a fact that their father supported them on their childishness.

The twins nodded in agreement. However, a voice entering the living room made itself known.

"Darling, there's a play tonight at the operahouse. I have reserved four seats." Fiona, the mother exclaimed. Angelene stopped her movements. She wanted to go to the play

The twins squealed in excitement. Unfotunately Angelene didn't ate and was weak. The mere squeal startled her, causing her to drop the vase.

All furious head turned to her.

Angelene felt her bottom lip quiver in fear.

Westley had a scowl on his face, while Fiona had a sour look on her now-red face. "Eve and Esme, go to your rooms."

The twins glared at Angelene in hate, before the two walked out. Westley and Fiona inched closer.

"I-i'm so sorry madam, and sir. Please forgive my stupidness. I-" Angelene was bowing but whimpered when She felt Fiona's hands on her white hair.

"Did you know how expensive that vase was? you just fucking broke it you dog! You are nothing but a dog who barks for shelter. We gave you one, and here you are breaking things that you don't even know how precious. Hell, it's more precious than your rotten life!" Fiona exclaimed, dragging Angelene's hair and thowing her into the ruby carpet.

Angelene whimpered softly, raising her hands to cover her head, expecting them to hit her. But she wasn't expecting Westley to kick her.

She sobbed and said, "p-please!" Westley kicked, and kicked and kicked.

"Darling, stop." Fiona said, surprising both Westley and Angelene. Angelene looked at her in awe, but was proven nothing when Fiona continued, "She's filthy! stop, you're getting dirt from your shoes."

Westley looked at her wife in admiration before turning to Angelene with hate. Westley spat on her before sliding his hands on his wife's waist and pulling her out of the scene.

Angelene shakily wipe the saliva on her face using her sleeves. She looked down at her tattered maid uniform. It was patched in rags and was a simple maid uniform.

She tried to stand up, but she coughed blood. Angelene's eyes widened, not because of the blood, but because of the floor. She had to clean it up.

She wiped the floor using her skirt before crawling to next to the wall, and shakily standing up and leaning at the wall for support.

When she heard the front the door slam, she let herself slide down at the wall, and let out a few sobs and whimpers.

Then just like that she had an idea. When she had the strength enough to stand up, she wanted to see the opera because she wanted to feel her mother's presence.

And that's the part where she went out limping wanting to sneak and do something for herself for once.

***

Angelene entered through the back door of the grandbuilding. She couldn't even believe that there was no guards. She pressed her back against the wall while sneaking inside a room. She turned on the lights and saw that it was the props area.

She looked around and spotted a hole revealing the stage. She locked the door behind her and crawled toward the hole.

She closed her left eye andwatched intently. Unfortunately, the play was ending. But that didn't stop her from watching.

She fell inlove with the music, the grand dance and the colors whirling around creating beautiful patterns.

In sleep he sang to me,

In dreams he came.

that voice which calls to me,

and speaks my name.

for now I find.

the phantom of the opera is here, inside my mind.

The characters and the female back-up dancers were twirling around, creating colorful circles from their skirts.

Angelene was stunned and inlove. Angelene felt happy and a warm feeling was felt in her chest. Something she never felt before, but she felt it when she was around her mother.

Belongingness.

She smiled one last time and stood up, very consious of the time. She sneaked out and ran towards the mansion, vowing to return.

And Indeed, she did.

***