Heat Period

*Liam's POV*

It seemed to take forever for me to run back home. I was running the fastest I have ever run yet and Jon and Kaiden struggled to keep up with me. I could feel Jon's worry radiating off of him as well, but I could bet my life on it that mine was even bigger. 

Even as my feet hit the dirt of my own land I didn't shift back. I only shifted back at the doorstep to the pack's house. Then I bolted inside and up the stairs. 

I heard an agonizing scream, which made me momentarily stop in my tracks, but I quickly continued. The door opened, before my hand touched the door and Ivy looked at me with a horrid look. I gently pushed past her.

On the bed Kathryn was crying and her body was covered with sweat. I quickly climbed onto the bed and pulled her against my chest.

"Shh, I'm here," I whispered and she gripped my shirt tighter, burying her nose into the crook of my neck. I looked up at the women in the room and nodded my head, telling them silently to leave us alone. They submitted and left the room, closing the door after them.

I was in pain as well, from seeing Kathryn suffer, but she seemed to calm down a bit. I held my arms around her, rocking her back and forth silently. 

When the harsher pains rippled through her, she dug her nails into me, but I didn't make a sound, just continued trying to soothe her.

It seemed hard for her to just breathe, but she tried her hardest to stick around and not black out from the pain.

"How long does this last for you?" I whispered when she was having one of those breathing moments.

"A f-few days," she whimpered and I flinched. A few days of this kind of pain? I can't tolerate seeing her like this for a second.

Very quickly, she pushed me on my back and climbed after me. She passionately slammed her lips against mine and I easily complied. Her shaky hands ripped apart my shirt and she quickly got rid of it. I knew what she wanted, needed even. But I pulled away.

"Kathryn, you know what's likely to happen. Are you sure you're ready to become a mother?" I asked silently. She rolled off of me and pressed her palms against her eyes strongly.

"I-I-" she couldn't finish and just yelped from another rush of pain. I flinched.

I rolled myself over her and ripped her shirt apart. Our lips crashed together and, even though I could feel the taste of her salty tears on her lips, it was one of the sweetest kiss I've ever recieved yet from her. Yet.

I hastily moved my hands around her body, ripping apart any piece of fabric that stopped my hands. Kathryn dug her nails into my back, knowing it was going to leave behind marks.

**

Kathryn had passed out for now, but I held her hot body against mine under the covers. There was a silent knock on the door and it opened, my mother walking through. She was carrying a cup of coffee and placed it on the nightstand on my side.

"You've been up all night, I thought I'd bring you coffee in case she wakes up again," she announced and I smiled weakly at her. She frowned and sat on the edge of the bed. "You hate seeing her like this, right?" she asked with a sigh.

"Why can't female wolves have period every month like humans? Instead they have this horrible pain with half year gaps," I hissed silently and pressed a kiss against Kathryn's temple and I sat up a bit more.

She shrugged. "Well, all I can say is it'll get better after her first pregnancy," mom said with a weak smile.

"How?"

She shrugged. "A wolf giving birth is an even bigger kind of pain than this, Liam. Once she goes through it, going through heat feels like nothing compared to it." I grit my teeth together. "That's also a reason why some female wolves can't survive giving birth. They're not strong enough."

I looked at Kathryn, not being able to think of losing her. I couldn't lose her, even if I get a child for it. I don't want to grow a family without her.

"Liam, she is strong, trust me. When the time comes, she'll be strong enough. I know so," mom assured me. I sighed and took the cup of coffee, drinking half of it in one turn.

"Oh and I wanted to let you know the entire house is basically empty, except for me and you two right now. Everyone left." I snorted slightly and nodded. Me and Kathryn have practically been making love for eight hours. It was the early hours of the morning when she finally passed out. But as long as she wasn't in pain, I was okay.

Well I wouldn't actually mind making love to her for these kind of lengths and even longer, but you know, that's just me.

"Where did Ivy go then?" I asked gently.

"She's sleeping on our couch," mom snorted and I chuckled.

"Of course she'd pick the furthest house to crash in from this house," I spoke in a joking matter.

Mom nodded. "Well, you can't exactly blame her. She hasn't met her mate and she has a much easier heat period. I'm actually surprised by how Kathryn has been doing this alone for four years already. That's eight heat periods," she spoke and looked at my mate in wonder.

"She's tough," I sighed and stroked her cheek with my thumb. She stirred and turned to face me, but didn't wake up.

"Yes she is. No wonder she can handle you," mom joked. "Handling you is easy compared to this." I gave her a playful glare but shrugged. "She didn't agree to us calling you, you know?"

I frowned. "Why?"

"She brought the pack's interest before her own. She wanted you to complete all your visits to the other packs. Only after I told her that her fever might kill her, she didn't put up much of a fight and Ivy called you."

I admit, I was slightly angry with Kathryn's poor choice, but I had to admire her for it as well. However, I would have to make it clear for her that her well-being is still my first priority.