Closet Tunnels

Hey all! Sorry, I know, I know way too long of a wait but my life has been crazy busy lately :( I'll keep trying to update as soon as I can though, I will be finishing the book, just may not be as soon of an ending as I anticipated. Some strange stuff is going on with Vanessa this chapter and I'm wondering if you all will start putting things together lol. Anyway enjoy! Happy Reading

Dedicated to: ALL of my fans! I love you all so much for the support, the comments, messages and votes and this story probably wouldnt have made it this far without you all encouraging me and VOTING! Love ya tons <3

Copyright: Attrib. Non-comm. No-derivs (CC)

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Chapter 18: Closet Tunnels

Carter continued to fumble trying to come up with a password that Jason would use. I began to wonder if I should help. On one hand, I’m sure whatever Carter had planned, I want nothing to do with. On the other hand, the men currently trying to break the door down sounded very angry and I was a bit scared of my chances of escaping with a dozen or so full grown wolves compared to just one young idiot.

I chose the young idiot option.

[Close your eyes, take a deep breath and think of the lock opening.] My wolf suggested out of nowhere. Since I hadn’t heard her voice in a while I was more than a little startled to hear her telling me what to do.

[What good would that do?] I questioned her stupidly. Apparently Carter was too caught up in trying to figure out the code to notice my tense form.

[Always with the questions, just do it.] She told me, sounding more than a little frustrated with me.

[Wow, pushy much.] I muttered to her before following her instructions. As I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, everything else left my thoughts. Caeden, my wolf, Carter, the small closet, even the yelling and banging on Jason’s room door disappeared as I centered myself.

“Open.” I breathed out the command and heard a clink of a lock before the closet wall in front of Carter and I slid to the left, revealing a small dark space big enough for us to step into. There wasn’t much behind the wall at first glance but once we stepped forward it gave us enough room to go left or right.

“How the hell did you do that?!” He questioned looking at me as though I had just grown another eye.

“I have no clue.” I replied as the room door finally burst open and an angry mob of male wolves barged in, Jason in the front. He looked absolutely furious, eyebrows drawn together, lips drawn up in a snarl as if he was in wolf form, baring his teeth. His overall stance was intimidating, which is why I was extremely relieved when the door to the closet we were in slid closed almost simultaneously with them barging in.

Luck seemed to be on my side so far.

Carter and I both sighed in relief before he muttered. “We don’t have much time, Jason will know the code to open the door and where it leads.”

While he talked to himself, I followed a pull I felt to the right, quickly. Emaline, I thought. “Where do you think you’re going?” Carter questioned harshly before reaching to grab my arm again but when he tried to touch me my skin shocked him in a way that seemed to repel him and he flew back a few feet. I took that as my cue to retreat before Jason came through the door and took off running down the narrow hall of the secret passages.

When I felt the pull stronger than before I stopped and looked at what appeared to only be a wall. I heard men trying to approach but the passage was only big enough for a single file line. I stopped and quickly repeated the process I had before. “Open.” I breathed out and the door slid open. I quickly climbed in and pushed the door closed manually before the men could find me. I opened the door to the new closet I was in and was shocked to find a man in a lab coat standing in front of Emaline with a clip board.