Chapter 22

“Good evening my foot! You paying for me a new tire.” I said turning to her.

Toni looked utterly confused.

“Girl what?” Toni said.

“You slashed my tire and you know it. You did it, so I could be trapped up wit yo ass for this hour long drive. I ought to fuck you up. Stalking ass.” I said highly upset.

Toni laughed out loud. She laughed to a point of tears.

“You’re a maniac. I didn’t slash your tires. What are you talking about? I been cuddled up wit my boo all day. You can call and ask her if you like. Kaliya, I told you I don’t want you. I mean well I didn’t want you. But you looking so damn good in that dress, I’m kind of changing my mind.” Toni said.

“Cuddled with yo boo all day. Get the fuck outta here. Can’t prove that by me. I don’t know where yo ass been. And of course yo boo will verify whatever you say. I’m not fucking dumb Toni. You’re an asshole!” I snapped.

Toni mimicked the sound of angry cat, and scratched the air like her hand was a cat’s claw.

“Feisty. Feisty. Do you need a drink? It’s some Hennessy in the mini bar over there. You need to calm down. You looking too fly to be tripping on me, over some shit I ain’t even do.” Toni smiled. I looked at her, and noticed how she was dressed.

She was wearing dark gray pants, a silky dark gray vest, baby blue long sleeve button up shirt, and a bow tie. Her dark gray jacket was laid neatly beside her. She had on shiny black dress shoes. Then she had her dreads braided into two large French braids. She looked like a millions bucks. She looked fly as fuck. Damn she looked good. Fuck I gotta girlfriend, and fuck I can’t stand Toni ass.

“I know you did that shit to my tire. I know you did. You buying me a new tire, I don’t give a fuck, you did it. You are paying for it. And that’s the end of that.” I said.

“If that will get you to be nicer to me, and possibly a smile on that pretty face. Then I’ll change it myself.” Toni smiled. She had a nice smile. Temptation was getting a little high, higher than expected.

I swallowed hard, and cleared my throat. I can’t show that I liked her company in the least little bit. If I did, she’d take it and run with it. I couldn’t have that.

“Fine.” I said simply.

“Didn’t get my smile.” Toni said.

“I don’t have to smile at you.” I said.

“No you don’t but you want to. You know it. I saw you checking out my outfit. I look good don’t I girl? Don’t be frontin’ , it’s only a compliment.” Toni said.

 “Ok I’ll give that to you. Your suit is nice or whatever. That’s a nice shade of blue. No big deal.” I said coolly.

Toni smiled broadly.

“Gone girl, before you have me blushing and shit.” Toni said smiling. I smiled, and laughed just a tad. Toni was so damn silly.

“Wow would you look at that, we have a smile. Like this limo just got like way brighter. It’s like a new light or something. You should smile more often; give some light to this dark world.” Toni smiled.

 “Whatever.” I said.

“But no seriously Kaliya, you truly look so beautiful tonight. I’m in love with that dress. It’s sexy yet so classy.” Toni said sincerely.

I cleared my throat.

“Umm thanks Toni.” I said with a forced smile. If Christina was here right now, she’d be having a fit. Shit! I just need a drink.