Chapter 10 - Partying

“You have to help me pack,” I whined to Brittany, “I don’t know what to take.”

            After talking about Mike in the library we cut our research session short and just went home. I convinced Brittany into helping me pack for my trip with Carter over the weekend. We were sitting in my closet while Brittany was throwing clothing options at me and I put them in my duffel bag. 

She laughed, “How long are you staying?”

“Only one night, but I’m meeting his aunt and uncle. I have to look nice.”

“Here,” she tossed me an outfit, “Wear this when you meet them for the first time.”

“Really? You think it’s nice enough?”

“Perfect,” she said and tossed me another outfit, “And wear this one the next day.”

“You’re the best,” I smiled.

“I know,” she smirked and tossed me a third outfit, “And bring this one as an extra outfit just in case you need one.”

“Got it.”

My phone started ringing and flashed the name Selita.

“Oh my God!” I screamed, “It’s Selita!”

“AHH!” Brittany screamed back, “Maybe she’s in town. Answer it!”

“Hello?” I answered the phone, “Selita?”

“Hey!” she exclaimed on the other end, “How are you girl?”

“I’m great. What about you?”

“Clementine and I are in town having a party at the usual spot and we were hoping you and Britt could make it.”

I smiled, “We have no plans for the night.”

“Great. Meet us in town at eight.”

“See you then.”

“See ya girl.”

I hung up the phone and smiled at Brittany, “We’re partying tonight!”

“Yes!” she laughed, “The usual spot?”

“Exactly,” I laughed with her, “Let’s get our bathing suits.”

“I’ll be the photographer for the night!” Brittany yelled, stealing my phone and running into the bathroom, “I want to stay sober and so should you!”

“I’ll only have a few drinks!” I yelled to her.

“And I’ll get it all on your phone!” she yelled back.

I shook my head and laughed a little, “Whatever.”

            I changed in my bedroom while Brittany was in the bathroom. When she came out I was wearing my blonde wig again.

“I thought your mom burned it?” she asked.

“I had my extra.”

“Seriously?” she said. By the tone in her voice I could tell how amused she was by all of this.

“I didn’t want my mom to know that,” I explained, “She thinks she won and I can still wear the blonde wig when I’m not around her. We both won.”

“Until she finds out.”

“Shh,” I shushed her, “She won’t.”

She rolled her eyes, “Your mom always does.”