5 - Give In to Me

We had been dating for about six months now and I tell you what, I was floating on a cloud.  I don’t know what it was but we just clicked.  It was effortless, something I only dreamed about or read in novels that romantic saps wrote.  Unfortunately it was getting to me…I was becoming one of the damned romantic saps.  Kellin was marvelous, patient, loving and attentive.  I was doing my best to be the same but he was simply beyond my reach.  How could I compete?

    But then again was I supposed to be competing?

    They had started a band and by they I mean Gabe, Jesse, Justin, Jack and Kellin.  Kellin was singing and I couldn’t believe that his talent for music was as uncanny as the rest of his abilities.  He hit notes I knew most girls couldn’t dream of hitting and he did it in a tasteful, masculine way that made my heart beat faster and slower at the same time.

    Hell they were even starting to write a song even though they were mostly doing covers right now.

    “What’s it called?” I asked at practice one day and they all just shrugged.

    “Dunno yet,” Kellin had replied, “But I know who it’s for.”  I blushed.  Could he possibly mean me?

    I had started a new semester in college, working on my bachelor’s degree in Animal Science so that I could work my way to applying to veterinary school.  Kellin said I was smart enough, and he never knew why I was so worried about things.  He was studying music at the college I was going to and the two of us made quite the couple at school…it was interesting to be the girl that other girls were jealous of.

    “What are you thinking about?” came a familiar voice into my thoughts.  I glanced up from the amp I was sitting on to find those oceanic orbs staring down at me.  The beanie he wore ruffled his hair slightly, gave him that sex appeal that he didn’t need any more of.  The gray tank top was loose on him, the black skinnies attractively laced around his meek frame.  I bit my lip.

    “You,” I said and wrinkled my nose at him.  He kissed the tip of it.

    “What about me?” he whispered.  I laughed gently and hid my face.  Honestly I wanted to admire him just inside of my head…he didn’t have to know what I was thinking.

    “Nothing you need to know,” I replied mischievously.  He chuckled and kissed my cheek before nibbling on my ear.

    “Nothing I won’t eventually find out about,” he uttered and stepped away, heading back to begin playing again.  I watched him longingly, contemplating the boundaries of our relationship that I had set and wondering if I was ready to break them.

    He had asked my father if he could date me, played the part…showed me off to his friends and they had teased that they would finally get to watch the Kellin on Hannah porno we had apparently promised (though I never recalled that).  Everything was perfect and honestly it frightened me to a point that I wasn’t sure what to do next.  I knew I was teasing him…we got to a point of intimacy with one another and I cut him off.

    But how much longer could I do that?

    “Hey baby, you wanna go for burgers with the guys tonight?” he called.  I looked up expectantly and smiled.

    “Sure,” I replied.

    “Oh my God dudes, they’re actually going to grace us with their presence and not go make nookie at Hannah’s apartment!” Justin announced, running off towards his car before Kellin could punch him.  I laughed and rolled my eyes.

    “Yeah it has been a while since you guys hung out with us,” Jesse added, “Well the two of you together anyway.”  I shrugged.

    “Not intentional of course,” I offered, standing and situating myself next to the red head.  He smiled and shook his head.