Chapter Forty-Four: Soon to Be Eighteen

“It is not possible. I am telling you that is some sort of Photoshop, nobody can bend there leg that way.” I argued, looking at the video Holly was currently showing Sarah and I.

It was a video of a teenage girl- fifteen or sixteen, bending her right leg over her head and pulling it close to her waist. First off, the only way somebody could do that is if they had no bones. And if the girl, did not have any bones than she would probably not even be standing.

“So what you are telling me is that she photo shopped the video?” Holly asked, “Isn’t Photoshop only for photos, anyways?” She questioned, confused.

I shrugged, while Sarah had her attention elsewhere. I followed her eyes as I watched her stare at a bunch of people decorating a locker.

“What are they doing?” I asked, stating the obvious. But, I wanted to know the reason behind it.

“Haven’t you heard? It’s Gavin’s birthday on Wednesday.” Holly said.

“Well that is stupid.” I muttered, “Are those people even his friends?” I said, my hand waving to the people decorating his locker.

Sarah shook her head, “The only friend he probably talks to is Andy.”

“So then why isn’t Andy the one decorating his locker?”

“Have you met Andy? The only way you get him to do something is if it is forced or some sort of punishment. Why else do you think Andy and Gavin get along so well?” Sarah spluttered.

“But, what I don’t understand is why they are decorating his locker so early anyways? It is Monday.” I questioned, as we watched silently as the people continued their work.

“Gavin has a habit of not showing up on his birthday. So, his admirers as we like to call them, decorate his locker two days in advance in case he decides not to show up tomorrow.”

I nodded my head, finally understanding. I do recall Gavin telling me when his birthday was, I just forgot that it was this week or well the end of April.

“So are you planning on doing something for him?” Sarah asked, as the bell for first period rang.

“What do you mean me?”

“Well aren’t you guys on the brink of being boyfriend and girlfriend?” Holly questioned.

I shrugged as the warning bell for first period rang through the halls. “He called me his girlfriend, but I honestly don’t know what to think.”

“Well if a guy calls you his girlfriend, you are his girlfriend.” Holly explained, slowly.

I let out a huff, “No I mean like he tells you ‘hey do you want to be my girlfriend?’ not ‘I want to take my girlfriend to prom,’ even though he didn’t technically ask me to be his girlfriend. You get me?” I asked, them.

Holly and Sarah looked at each other with confused looks on their faces. “He asked you to prom?” They said, simultaneously.

I nodded my head slowly as the let out squeals.

“That is amazing.” Holly gushed. “I thought I was going to have to tie you down against your will in order to make you go to prom. Now I don’t have too!” She said, squealing.

“You were going to tie me down if I refused to go to prom?” I asked, a little shocked.

She nodded her head, “Don’t give me that look. You should be happy, now that I don’t have to do that anymore.”