Chapter 40: A Gesture Within Words

Saku, Emiko and Leyla were wandering through the now near dark location of the next round of Stage 2. The world was nearly completely black, almost surrendering all visibility, fortunately the stadium, which they were at the door of, was illuminated in the dark.

The trio went inside the lit hallway with Emiko stepping forward "This is better, light.  I don't mind it but...I'm not too fond of the dark too much" Saku knew what she really meant

"I don't personally mind it" said Saku "but I do like to see where I'm going" Saku then looked down to Leyla, with his hand upon her shoulder "Well Leyla should I take my hand away now?"

"Hmm...yes...it's okay now. Thank you" said Leyla shyly to which Saku nodded and took his hand away "Should we...umm...find our seats?"

"Not quite yet. I'm going to get a drink first"

"Then I'll go and save us some seats" said Emiko

"Okay then. Do you want a fruit juice like last time?" Emiko nodded "Then see you in five" with that Emiko jogged ahead to the seating area.

Saku turned to Leyla "Well then what are you doing? Are you going to join your team or what?"

"Oh...I...ummm" Leyla looked away, holding her hands and fidgeting "That is...umm"

"It's okay to speak you know Leyla" Saku spoke somewhat calmly "Just say what you want to say"

"Oh...well...ummm" Leyla sort of anxiously reached behind her and then pulled out a chocoberry carton "I want...to give this to you"

"Oh...you do?"

"Well...this is yours. You left it behind when you...helped your ally in round one"

Saku crossed his arms, his fist on his chin "I...did? I don't remember that. But if you have it now...I suppose I did"

"Well here...this is yours" said Leyla gesturing it forward "Don't worry about it...expiring. Chocoberry lasts for a year if unopened"

"I'll take your word for it...thanks" Saku took the carton from her to which Leyla looked ashamed "Now what's wrong?"

"I'm sorry...I took so long. I've been meaning to...give it to you all week but I..." Saku then sighed and put a hand on her head

"Leyla...don't belittle yourself. I don't think any less of you...alright?"

Leyla looked up to Saku, her eyes curiously on him with wonder at his action, who then retracted his arm "Well then...at least now I have to only get one Choco-berry"

"Huh...you were getting two?" asked Leyla curiously

"Well, one for me and one for you" Leyla reacted with mild surprise "Well you do like them don't you?"

"You're...getting me one too? Oh no you don't...have to"

"He is offering to repay your respect young one" said a familiar voice to their side "You should abide by his offer"

They turned to see the fox boy, his nine tails unfurled like a fan, with a small smile or rather a grin with his teeth peeking out "Don't feel bad young miss. It's okay to be repaid with same honourable gesture that you give"

"He's...repaying me?" said Leyla confused

"Yes...he is. Although for Saku...he can't quite express himself properly. So you have to watch closely to his actions, and the words he speaks"