Chapter 20

Hi everyone! I'm sooooo sorry I haven't updated in a few weeks! Ive had major writers block :/ but I know what im gonna do now!! thanks to my lovelllyyy dragon BrookelynN :) …..... dont ask ;) everyone go check out her story on here also! Its really good! Her user name is MaxSydney106 :) (italicized words are kind of mental thoughts just fyi :)

***

Jessica's POV

I sat on the couch, barely moving, aside from my heavy breaths. I felt as though all the air had been sucked out of my lungs.. No words could escape my mouth. Just breathe Jessica, everything will be okay. I kept telling myself that over and over again trying to get the thought of Mitch out of my head. After a few minutes I finally contained myself. “Shoot!” I had just remembered that Bekah was coming over. Should I tell her? If I told her then she would tell Niall, and no doubt Niall will tell Harry, and thats the last thing I need right now..Harry worried.

*Knock Knock*

I jumped at the sound of someone knocking at the door since I had been sitting here quietly for about 30 minutes.

“Coming!” I shouted from the living room. I stood up and made my way to the door, opening it to see Bekah standing in front of me. “Hey, come on in!” I said, trying to hide the fact that I had been crying just a little bit ago.

“Hey doll face!” she said, moving in to hug me.

I wasn't exactly sure what to talk about, knowing there was only one thing on my mind, so I went with the first thing I could think of. “Whats that ?” I asked, pointing to a ring on her hand. I don't remember seeing it at the dinner, unless she had just recently got it.

“Oh ! I was actually gonna tell you about this today!” she said, looking down at the beautiful diamond ring, as a smiled spread from cheek to cheek. “ Niall got me it. Its a promise ring! He told me that he never wants to lose me and how much he loves me” she said, pulling me onto the couch so we could talk more.

“ oh Bekah, thats awesome!” I said , wearing a fake smile and pulling her into a hug. Don't get me wrong, I am really happy for her, but I just cant stop thinking about this Mitch ordeal.

“So tell me whats new with you, gorgeous.” She said, giving me a look, like she knew something was wrong. “ is everything okay Jess?” she asked, sounding concerned.

“oh..um, its nothing” I said, trying to come up with a good excuse. “I just don't feel too good today, its probably just a side effect” I said looking down at my pregnant belly.

“Do you need to go to the hospital? Is that normal” she asked frantically.

“ No, its fine Bekah, this is completely normal! ” I said laughing, trying to seem convincing. “I've just been really sick lately...oh” I said grabbing my stomach. “ The baby just kicked!” I said trying to get away from the subject of my lying.

“EEEK” Bekah yelled, running over to place her hand on my stomach. “ Have you and Harry thought of any names yet?” she asked, smiling up at me.

“We have a few picked out, but we're not exactly sure yet.” I said

“Well, you better let me know when you do figure it out!” she said winking at me. “I should probably get going though, I got a new job at the mall and I have to be there in a few hours.” she said, collecting her purse and getting ready to head out the door.

“ Oh Bekah wait!” I yelled across the room to her. “I have something to ask you!” she came over to me looking a bit confused.

“What is it Jess?” She asked