Falling For You

Tyler:

“Caspar?” I whispered, feeling salty drops of heartbreak ghost down my cheeks, “why?” I choked out, barely holding it together. I was on, what had been up until now, a perfect date in the park with my love. We had just come back to my apartment and I had planned a lazy night in with a movie and popcorn.. However, Caspar Lee, the man I’d been dating for a year, and inadvertantly fallen in love with, was breaking up with me. Caspar told me he was going to England for four months because he needed to figure things out, and that he leaves tomorrow.

“I just need some space right now,” my boyfriend, no, ex-boyfriend mumbled, looking down at his brown business shoes. His words snapped me out of my distressed thoughts and back into this crazy reality.

“Baby, stay with me, we can make this work. I promise. Please,” I begged desparately, reaching to grab his hand in mine, and felt a cold slap of shock when he pulled away from me immediately. My bleeding heart began to harden into anger, protecting me from the only man I had ever loved, “Fine,” I barked out crisply, causing him to glance up at me in surprise, “leave me.”

“Tyler, it’s not like that,” he spoke up, looking into my eyes for the first time all night. My chest clenched when I saw the tears welling up in his eyes, but I forced myself to put on a detached mask. I needed to sheild myself from this moment.

“Well then tell me, what is it like?” I asked, grabbing his shoulders and not letting go, “you are fucking going to europe, to ENGLAND, for FOUR EFFING MONTHS. Oh wait and apparently you leave tomorrow! Yet you didn’t think to tell me this? You didn’t think to tell your boyfriend, who you supposedly love, that you were leaving?” I watched as Caspar flinched at the word love, and our locked gazes grew more tense with each passing second.

I just wanted him to say something, anything, but when his next sentences reached my ears and registered in my brain, I took back my wish.

“Tyler. I don’t know why, but I don’t think I love you anymore. I did, but I don’t know what happened.” Caspar spoke so softly, but I heard each word as if he were shouting.

“No,” I gasped, feeling my body start to shake even more than it had already been before, “NO! NO! NO!” strangled screams left my lips as I stumbled away from his form, but my knees buckled underneath me so I collapsed on the floor.

“Tyler?” Caspar called, reaching down to help me stand up, but I crawled away from him.

“Get away from me,” I growled, refusing to let this heart breaker touch me, “I don’t want you near me right now,” my head ducked low, trying to hide my tears, as I folded my legs to my chest and backed into the wall, sobbing softly the whole time.

Caspar took one step towards me and stopped when I let out a quiet whimper. Muttering a few curses under his breath, my ex-boyfriend turned around and pulled out his phone. He walked far enough away so I could not hear his conversation, but I didn’t really care about not knowing what he was talking about. I just wanted a hug, preferably from anyone but him. I let my eyes close gently, and barely registered time passing, nearly jumping in shock when slim arms wrapped around my trembling body.

“Shhh. It is going to be okay Tyler. I’ve got you,” a familar voice whispered comfortingly into my hair, before calling out louder to Caspar, “I’ve got him from here Casp, you, just go call your friend and let him know what you are doing.”

“Okay, I will. Thankyou though Zoe. I care about Tyler, you know, really I do, that is why I couldn’t string him on when I wasn’t in this till the end. He deserves forever, not a boy looking for better. I didn’t want to hurt him, please take care of him while I’m gone. I have to go now, I’m so sorry, I wish this had all never happened. I need to figure this out but for now I need to leave,” Caspar called back to Zoe, and I opened my eyes to see the love of my life walking away, leaving me behind.