Chapter 1

Crap.

Crap!

CRAP! Why did I go through with this? This is completely STUPID!

When the idea to leap off the Sitka Cliffs popped into my head, I never accounted the freak storm that had suddenly washed over my sleepy town's shore, the same exact night I decide to take a daring dive.  In my vision, I pictured a daring and bold me, ready to leap when I finally stood on the edge of the rocky cliffs. I imaged myself drawing in a deep breath and effortlessly leaping into the air. Then the feeling of being suspended in the air for a few moments would overcome my fear of heaights, and the ocean, then as quickly as it all began, I would  feel the water part underneath my feet, as a cold chill rocketed up my spine as I raced to the surface for a breath of victory. But as my luck would have it, a freaky storm would plow right through my town.

The sea beat angrily against the cove, as the skies erupted over my head. Fear over took my trembling body as I inched my self closer to the edge. The jagged rocks where slimy beneath my feet, making it hard for me to get a good grip, almosting slipping off the edge a few times. Fear rapidly pulsed through out my body, my knees locked beneath me, making my body go rigid. I was in a start of pure fear, and my body no refused to move any where closer to the edge of the cliffs.

Come on Paige, you can do this!

I've seen my friends leap from this very spot, thousand of times, but I've never been brave enough myself, I always sat on the shore, making sure they made it out safe. I've never been the one to be  adventurous at all. I'm always the girl who will choose to stay home and read, while all my friends are out living their lives to the fullest. I am the reserve shy girl that always gets over looked, even if I showed up to school wearing a clown costume screaming ' I'M A CHICKEN', even then no one would even think about giving me a second glance. I'm a real nobody right? 

But this year is my last year before I move over 1,000 miles away from my sleepy little sea side town, and into the big city of Chicago. I promised myself, this year was going to be different. This year I was going to be more courageous, more daring. This year I was finally going to pronounce my undying love for Eric Dame, and in doing so I was going to ask him to prom. I was also going to join swim team. Each year I've always wanted to join it has always been a dream of mine, but the unnerving fear of everyone seeing me in a one piece, kept me from going for my dream. Not to mention, I've always been super frighten off the water after my accident. This was my year though, I'm going to make this year, the best year of my life,and all I have to do is jump.

Now standing half naked on the edge of my death, I was seriously reconsidering my impulsive acts for this year. I carefully inched myself closer to the edge and looked over and drew in a sharp breath. For some strange reason it seemed a lot higher than normal. A wave of salt water mist hit me in the face, momentarily blinding me to everything around me. I hugged my arms around myb waits and squinted my eyes shut, trying to snuff out the stinging pain in my eyes.

"You can do this Paige." I repeated to my self. I calmly lowered my hands away from my body and drew in a deep breath. I held my arms above my head and  pushed off with one foot and felt my body leap into the air. Everything around me seem to start spinning, the wind whirling around me, whipping my hair into a knotted mess. But I didn't care, I had done it, I really did. I had leap from the top of Sitka Cliff, and I was now free falling into the angry ocean below me.

Thunder cracked in the sky, as the waves seemed to swallow me whole. The coldness is what hit me first. My heart seized inside my chest, making my whole body freeze. I drifted downward for a moment, before I kicked my legs out underneath me. My head quickly broke the surface, I went to take in a well deserved breath when salt water flooded into my mouth, making me cough. I sputtered, shaking my head, when a massive wave sent me tumbling backwards. I floated a moment in open water  quickly loosing my barrings of which way was up, as the water beat me dangerously closer to the spiked cliffs. If I was forced into the cove, there would be no going back, I would surely die.