My dear beloved April...

"9-1-1, where's your emergency?"

"Help! My boyfriend just got shot, and the shooter's running away!"

"Ma'am, stay calm, where are you?"

"230 Kansan Avenue."

"Please stay on the line, we're sending police and ambulance."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up in a cold sweat. This new case Ray told me about is killing me! I was supposed to meet him in his office for a meeting about it.

I shuffle my feet into the bathroom, looking at the girl in the mirror. She has black hair, with lightning blue streaks. She also has sea blue eyes. She has a slightly fuller lip too. I rolled my eyes' realizing I was thinking in third person. I grabbed my clothes off the hook behind the door, and changed. I wore some dark jeans, and a dark blue blouse. Now, I don't normally dress this casual, but I was stressed. I knew my boss wouldn't yell at me, because he was my best friend! He scored me this job.

I pulled out my make-up bag, and pulled out some blue eyeliner. As you can tell, blue is my favorite colour. Anyway, I also applied a small amount of lip gloss. I pulled my hair into a messy bun, and headed downstairs. I grabbed a cup of coffee, and sat down.

I wonder what the case's cause of death was. Gunshot, strangled, hanged. (A.N. yes, its hanged, not hung) I wonder if it was Homicide or Suicide. Hmm.

I finished my cup, and headed for the door, grabbing my bag on the way. I hopped on my motorcycle my baby, and headed off. I didn't bother with a helmet, I like the wind in my hair.

Fifteen minutes later, I arrived. I walked through the revolving doors. I took the elevator up to the 8th floor.

Ding.

 The doors slid open, and I breezed out.

"Morning Wilson," ringed in my ears. "Morning guys, is Johnson in his office?"

"Where else would he be sweetheart?" Rob Nei said, walking next to me on my way to Johnson's office.

I rolled my eyes, because only Rob would call me sweetheart. He was gay, but it's all cool! He was actually the only one to understand girls, especially me. He's dating this really sweet guy, but the guy didn't have the looks. He wasn't ugly, but he wasn't hot. I guess he would be just cute. I wouldn't date him though

"Wilson,---- April?" Rob's voice broke me from my thoughts. I looked up, startled.

"I'm sorry what?"

"We're here," he chuckled. He was used to me zoning out on him.

"Thanks Rob!" I gave him a quick hug, and turned to the door. I knocked twice, and it almost immediatly opened. I walked in, and sat in one of Ray's chairs. I felt two hands grab my neck, choking me, but I knew it was Ray.

"Boo you Ray, you do this EVERY time I come in." It was true, he was always doing this.

" Ugh you April." he stated and walked to his desk. As he sat in his chair, I noticed his phone flashing. He seemed to notice me notice, but I reacted before him. I grabbed the phone, and flipped it open. It was a text, reading;

Dude, have u got that Wilson girl 2 go out with 2u yet? She is HAWT! The whole gang knows u want her, just ask her, dumb-bum. Phone me after your stupid meeting, kk? Good.  L8r!

I flipped the phone shut, and glared at him. He looked at his shoes like they were the most interesting thing.

"Ray, do you know of another Wilson? And you're in a gang?! What the heck???" . "What ever, anyway, what's this new case about? I've been stressing about it, I don't know why though."

He looked at me odd, they handed me a file.

"The victim is a 21 year old female. We don't have any I.D. yet, but that's why I called you down here. I need your well trained eyes to find any evidence before the rest of the detectives. Though we will also have Nei (Rob), Beantel (Allie), and myself accompanying you," I smiled. I love going to the crime scenes.

"OK, lets get going then!" Ray just rolled his eyes, but grabbed his coat. We stopped by Allie and Robs' office, telling them to hurry up.

We left the building, with some cases, which included, evidence markers, gloves, tubes, dusters, figerprint dust, and envelopes.  We jumped in Ray's Audi, and headed out. I, as usual, got shotgun, with Allie and Rob in the back, and Ray driving. As we drove, I regonized the neighborhood. This is where I lived.

"Ray, what are we doing here? We are just passing thorugh right?" No one knew I lived in the worst part of town.

"No, this is where the scene is. Are you ok Wilson? You seem tense," Rob and Allie agreed with Ray. No way I would own up to living in a run-down apartment.

"Yup, perfect," I hate lying to Ray, but it'll have to do for now. We drove in silence the rest of the day. We stopped infront of my house. I was really nervous now. I jumped out of the car, and speed- walked to the scene. I saw a familer tuff of brunette hair, and I just ran. I kneeled next the the body, and studied the face. It was my best friend, Destiny Jamison.

(A.N So, this is a forensic story, so like CSI, Bones, ect. Hope you enjoy!

-Alisa