The Inferno Flamberge - Chapter 1

A/N: The moment you've all been waiting for. This is the sequel for The Obsidian Arrow. I'm looking for beta/alpha readers for all of my novels. I'm working on weeding out all of the errors I can on the helpful advice I've recieved from many of you on wattpad, but over so many emails it becomes hard to keep track sometimes. I am wanting a professional editor to go through all my novels so I can get them polished up and on Amazon at least as ebooks to start selling. I would love to make a career out of writing so I can spend my time doing something I love. However, editors cost money.

The cheapest scenerio would be a local author with editing experience that charges, $100 every 10,000 words and $175 every 10,000 over 100,000. This is a friend discount. She writes mostly YA, so I figured I would start her with Undiscovered Origins to see how I like it.

As a breakdown, Undiscovered Orgins: 71k = $710. The Chronicles of Starlyn: 42k = $420, The Crimson Claymore: 119k = $1330, The Obsidian Arrow: 90k = $900.

A freelance editor that I researched before that I really like that has a cheap rate of $29.41 for every 7 novel pages. Novel page = 250 words. Undiscovered Origins: $1193, The Chronicles of Starlyn: $705, The Crimson Claymore: $1999, The Obsidian Arrow: $1512.

Either way, it is a lot of money for me to get these professionally edited and good enough to publish and try and begin my career as an author. I once tried to make a kickstarter to ask for donations for The Chronicles of Starlyn to edit, but over the month I only got a total of $3 donation and so wasn't able to keep any of it. I would love donations from my very poor fans, that are quite possibly as poor as me to get my career going, but I don't see it happening. I work full time, and this is why I'm slow to update and it's taken me so long to begin this next novel in the series. If I could only win the lotto?

BTW, anybody want to make me an epic cover? I have no idea of what yet, just make something cool if you're bored. Thanks <3

Anyway, let me give you a few details here about this novel. There are no longer elves, after dozens of agent rejections, including many saying that my work is "too Tolkeiny" for them because of the elves. I have been pushed to change the name of them and make them my own design. They pretty much were to begin with because of the rules I set forth in their lifestyle, but I went ahead and made the change. I have not caught up on the wattpad version of book 1 "The Crimson Claymore" and book 2 "The Obsidian Arrow", so you'll just have to bare with me until I get time. (Full time job, not a full time writer yet)

Please let me know what you think, and if you have any money for editing :P~

& Special thanks to Carl Alvey!

Anyway, without further ado. Or whatever that word is supposed to be. Here is Chapter 1!

*Note* This is book 3. Series goes as follows: Book 0 = The Chronicles of Starlyln. Book 1: The Crimson Claymore, Book 2: The Obsidian Arrow, Book 3: Whateverthenameofthisbookis

Chapter 1:

    Raindrops splattered gently against the ceiling above Starlyn. She sat reserved, with thoughts pressing against her brain. All she wanted to do was open her mouth and spill her confessions. Yet, she already was such a burden for Noraes. She had been so afraid standing outside his door the night before, and yet - - all of her worries had been in vain. She always believed he would take her in, although she would be lying to herself if she didn’t admit her irrational fear of rejection.

    Noraes walked towards her with a bowl of porridge in his hand. He gently set it down in front of her with a smile before taking the seat by her side. His hand found her and he tenderly rubbed it.