15

Luke skidded to a halt as he reached Ashley's locker, completely out of breath from running from the other end of the school. He'd decided that he wanted to walk with her to English today, so instead of taking his extra long route to avoid his friends he took an even longer route to go meet Ashley.

"Hey, be careful." Ashley said, laughing at Luke as he tried to catch his breath.

"I'm fine, thanks for asking." Luke panted. He leaned up against the locker next to Ashley's, waiting for her to finish getting her books so they could leave.

"Are you okay?" Ashley pouted sarcastically, looking up at Luke.

"Oh, I just feel like I'm having a heart attack, that's all." Luke smiled at her. Ashley slammed her locker shut and grabbed Luke's wrist, pulling him behind her as she walked down the hall.

"You're fine." Ashley scoffed, trying to balance her books in one arm while she used the other to drag Luke along.

"I'm gonna go into cardiac arrest, Ash, I swear." Luke insisted. He reached over and grabbed Ashley's books from her hands, carrying them for her while they walked the rest of the way down the hall.

"You're fine." Ashley repeated. "If you can't even run down the hall without feeling like you're dying then you must be really out of shape."

"I am out of shape!" Luke exclaimed. "I eat cookies and ice cream 24/7."

"Oh, trust me, I know." Ashley laughed.

"It's not my fault I'm - "

"Hi Luke!" A group of girls called out to him as they passed by, cutting him off.

"H-Hey." Luke stammered, quickly waving to them.

It'd been almost two months since the Homecoming game and people were still approaching Luke and talking to him about the streaking incident. At first he liked the sudden popularity. It made him feel cool, like he actually belonged among the rest of his peers. Now it was just annoying because all Luke wanted to do was forget about the fact that he ran around a football field naked, and people telling him how "awesome" he was for it didn't help.

"Wow, you're quiet the ladies man." Ashley said in a bored tone, rolling her eyes. She picked up the pace and began walking faster, causing Luke to struggle to keep up with her.

"Yeah, I guess." Luke said nervously. He reached out and grabbed Ashley's wrist, pulling her back so she wasn't walking so fast. "Are you running away from me now?"

"Oh, I would never." Ashley said sarcastically.

"Is streaking really that big of a deal? Why do people still care about something I did two months ago?" Luke asked out loud, wondering why he was still the talk of the school when what he did really wasn't all that exciting.

"I don't know, maybe everyone just liked seeing your penis." Ashley shrugged.

"Oh, come on." Luke groaned. He finally caught up with Ashley and ran ahead so he was in front, stopping in the middle of the hall to face her. "My penis isn't that great."

"Well, I think all the girls in our grade would beg to differ." Ashley smirked, looking back up at Luke.

"What about you?" He questioned. "Would you beg to differ?"

"I don't know, I've never seen your penis." Ashley answered quickly, still seeming unphased about the fact that they were literally standing in the middle of a crowded hallway talking about Luke's penis.

"Do you want to?" Luke asked cheekily, wiggling his eyebrows.

"You're ridiculous." Ashley laughed, turning away from him. They entered the English classroom together and walked to their seats, awkwardly passing by Michael as he tried (and failed) to flirt with their teacher.