Chapter Ten

DEDICATION: As promised, I updated early for your birthday

DEDICATION: As promised, I updated early for your birthday. Have an awesome day! :P

          "Hey, are you OK?" Christian asked, coming up behind me.

          I jumped at the sound of his voice. I'd practically been hyperventilating as I leaned slumped against a wall in a deserted corridor.

           "Yeah. I just felt a little queasy back there." I shrugged and attempted to smile, turning to look at him. It wasn't exactly a lie; I had been on the verge of throwing up in Luca's classroom.

           "Maybe you should just go back home?" he suggested, brushing some hair off my face. "I stood ages outside the girls bathroom, thinking you'd run in there to puke or something. It was only when I saw Vera and sent her in after you, that I realized you weren't there."

           "I'm so sorry," I apologized. Leaning into him, I pressed my face into his chest. He was so warm, and so kind and thoughtful. Every moment I spent with him since that night in the club, I was reminded that I'd probably jeopardized my relationship, my friendship, with one of the best people in my life.  

          I felt his face in my hair as he squeezed me. "Come on, I'll take you home."

           "No. Honestly, I'm fine. I think I just need something to eat, I didn't have any breakfast," I told him. I'd kill for the chance to get away from here, but going home would mean having to carry on this stupid charade for my mom. I didn't have the energy for that. "Let's go get something out of one of the vending machines."

            I grabbed his hand, and attempted to put at least some resemblance of normalcy into my expression.

            ***

          I couldn't wait for the bell to ring, signalling the end of the school day. Every time I stepped out of a classroom, I kept glancing around anxiously, hoping that I wouldn't see Luca. Hoping that I would.

          I'd decided that I would go to his apartment. There was no ignoring this – especially considering that I would have to see him on a daily basis for the rest for the school year. The thought made me feel nauseas.

          We needed to figure out where to go from here. I'd go to his apartment and find out what he had to say, and then... well, I had no idea. I did however know that I couldn't live with any more what ifs, so I would go just for some peace of mind. Hopefully.

          I still couldn't believe that this was happening. Maybe this was a sign from the universe. An omen. I shouldn't go. I should avoid him like the plague.

          Did he still feel that undeniable attraction between the two of us? What if he didn't want to talk at all, and wanted to fool around instead?