D.I.G-39

Hasen

"Keish come on! Everybody is waiting on us" I called to her from the living room. I tightened my watch around my wrist and looked at the time. We were already thirty minutes late.

I wouldn't care if wasn't an event for us. But, it was our event and it was our duty to be there on time. She came waddling out of the back making sure to give me an evil glare.

"Shouldn't of been taking so long" I teased grabbing the car keys and my coat.

"Fuck you"

"That's why we're in this now"

"I really wish you'd just shut up and come the drive" Keish whined smothering her lips in lip gloss. I glared at her and started the car roughly.

"It's all good. Have fun taking all the bags upstairs" I watched her facial expression change and ignored her pleading. Today is going to be fun.

When we got to the hall the baby shower was at I parked the car. I turned to Keish and noticed she had a strange look on her face.

"You okay baby?" I asked her genuinely. I rubbed her thigh and turned her head towards me.

"Yeah just thinking about some things. Let's go we're already late" I decided to let it go and followed behind her out the car. When we walked in the room got even louder than it already was.

We were bombarded with people, questions, and food.

"We're sorry we're late everybody! We were a little behind schedule. But thank you all for coming" I shouted around the room. I got a variety of responses, most of which I ignored.

The party was full of most of my family, with a few friends from school and shit. I went around saying thanks and greeting everybody before I finally sat down to eat.

Keish

"You okay baby?" Hasen asked when he sat down next to me. I was eating some Swedish meatballs and just in my own world. I nodded slowly and stuffed another meatball in my mouth.

"You guys wanna open gifts after yall eat?" Hasen's mom asked when she came over to us. I nodded with my mouth full and went back to eating. I was starving and the baby wasn't helping. I hadn't eaten all damn day.

When we were finished with our food Hasen threw the plates away. I was busy talking to Angie when my eyes traveled over to the door.

Haleah walked in carrying a bag and her face held a small smile. Her eyes scanned the room before landing on me. She smirked and strolled over to me. I clenched my fists and sat up confidently.

"Congratulations" She said handing me the bag. I rolled my eyes and nodded.

"Why are you here?"

"Why wouldn't I be? My best friend is having a baby with a man who's actually hers. That's celebratory behavior" I kissed my teeth and laughed dryly.

"Bitch who are you?" Angie asked twisting her neck.

"My name damn sure isn't bitch. It's Haleah. And an old friend of Keish's"

"You can leave now" I said. I was beyond ready to beat her ass, but my baby was more important.

"Leave? I think not. That thug ass boyfriend of yours needs to tell me where Lucky is"

"Fuck you and Lucky"

"It wasn't fuck us when we were helping you now was it? It wasn't fuck us when we took your shit now was it?"

"Exactly you took my shit! I didn't take yours. Thanks for finally realizing I've controlled you all of these years you pathetic bitch. Get out of my face before I make you regret even coming here"

"I already do! But let's hope this baby actually makes it! You know you're the queen of killing babies" She blew me a kiss and sauntered out of the room.

I was already having problems with this fucking party and now this. I can't win. I rushed to the bathrooms and locked myself in a stall. Fuck this party.

I slid down to the floor and let all of my frustrations out. I understand I treated them bad but why dwell on the past? I wasn't in their life anymore, so they should be happy. Why am I still being terrorized.

I guess this was the karma people were always talking about.

"Keish... You okay sweets?" Amelia asked as she slowly stepped through the bathroom.

"Yeah I'll be out just give me a minute"

"Okay I'll be waiting outside" I sighed and picked myself off the floor. No sense in hiding, I basically did this to myself. I walked out the stall and looked at myself in the mirror.

"You can do this" I mumble and washed my hands. I dried them and walked out the bathroom. Hasen and Amelia were standing there waiting for me silently.

Hasen pulled me into a long hug and gave me a kiss on my forehead.

"Fuck them baby. We got this" He whispered thoughtfully. I nodded and gave Amelia a hug as well.

I don't know what I'd do without her sometimes. We walked back out the main hall and sat down in our chairs to open the presents.

We got a mix of everything we needed. Ke'Air's gifts consisted of diapers, bottles, wipes, clothes, pacifiers, and toys. We took pictures, danced and had a great time.

When the party was winding down I sat quietly in a chair off to the side. I was sleepy and I was still kind of in a fucked up mood.

"What's wrong baby?" Hasen asked me taking a break from throwing trash away.

"I wanted them here Hasen. No matter what they are still apart of me. Just to at least see how far I've come. To see what I've accomplished"

"Who?"

"My parents and grandparents"

"Babe... Is it that important to you?"

"I at least want them to know they have a grandchild. Am I stupid for wanting that? It's not like I want them in her life.... Just to know she exists. I'm tired of holding on to old shit"

"Then don't. Keish we already left them in our past. Don't bring them to our future"

______

I'm back guys :)

Do you guys thinking Keish is being stupid?

2 chapters left.

Go read A Strive For Power for me please.