Chapter 11

Chapter 11

        "So, it's not my son you want then. Hello Kristy, I'm Alpha Dasan," he said, morphing into a Middle aged man with a neat five o'clock shadow. His deathly dark brown eyes stabbed me through the heart as I realized what he'd done. He made me see who I wanted to see, like Rhys told me he could from his demon genes.

        Of course Rhys already knows I want Cam, but his Mom had looked a little hopeful when she asked me if I wanted him to come with me tonight. When we walked in together, Rhys right behind me, she'd lit up. When I shouted Cam's name, her smile faltered a bit.

        My shoulders relaxed and I sighed as quietly as humanly possible. I grabbed Alpha Dasan's hand and went to shake it before he lifted it to his mouth. After placing a feathery kiss there a shiver creeped down my back. Pure fear was the cause and if it hadn't been for Rhys's light touch on my lower back, I'd could have sprinted out the door. It's so awkward for someone's parents to want you to be into their child. It's also a little flattering too, I guess.

        I gulped, visibly and smiled. "Yeah, I guess not.

        We all sat at the table and placed our drink orders. Rhys shared a glare with his father as he handed me a menu. I took it, and as I did, brushed my finger tips across his. His gaze snapped over to meet mine as I gave my head the slightest of shakes to let him know that I'm over it.

        "So, what did you do to that kid?" Alpha Dasan asked offhandedly looking at his menu. I glanced at Luna Jocelyn to see if she would offer me some support, but she just looked at her menu as if the rest of us weren't sitting here.

        "I asked you a question, and you're taking too long to answer. What did you do to the boy?" He asked fixing me with a menacing glare.

        I raise my chin slightly and look him in his face, although his gaze is too strong to meet I try my best. I waited until he took a breath to address me again before quickly answering, "I introduced myself."

        He tilted his head and pondered my answer. His voice lost its growl as he said, "I'll have two T-bones and four baked potatoes with cheese and bacon bits only."

        "I'll have the Cesar salad," Luna Jocelyn piped up.

        "I'll have the Ribye with mashed potatoes and two ears of corn. Since its a special ocasion I'd also like to order a bottle of Rioja Imperial Gran Reserva year 2004. Two glasses only please," Rhys ordered. All eyes turned to me.

        I took a breath before answering, "I'd like the Fettuccine Alfrado with chicken, broccoli, mushrooms, and mozzerella cheese, please."

        Why are these people so weird? I'd just been interrogated after not even two minutes of conversation!

        The waiter nodded after taking our orders and walked off. We sat there in silence as Alpha Dasan tapped away on his phone. "You introduced yourself? You didn't mark him or anything before hand and send him to our doorstep to gain inside access, did you?"

        "What? No, I wouldn't have known to do so Sir," I answered politely.

        "I wouldn't put it pass my son to do something reckless like trust a stranger," he said with a slight smile in his voice. After a pause he looked up and glared at Rhys, "Oh wait. He did." Their eyes flashed red at the same time. Whoa. What the hell?

        After feeling a bit uncomfortable I cleared my throat. I looked over at Luna Jocelyn and asked, "Um, Luna Jocelyn, did you invite me here to insult me ma'am?"