The Guy Looking for Underwear

The lack of pain makes me open my eyes from their squinting. Mia is still on her bed and Snow hasn't moved from her area of the room. Instead now they're both regarding me with a concerned expression. 

"Honey, are you okay?" Snow asks, tilting her head to the side and furrowing her eyebrows. 

"Who? Me?" I play dumb. Obviously she's not going to pounce on me like she did with Cooper earlier today. "I'm fine. Just tired." I give her a little grin, hoping that she'd let me on my way. No such look.

"Callie, come over here!" she says suddenly in a sharp tone, making me jump. I gingerly shuffle over, all my limbs tensing up for impact. But rather than bruising me, she tousles my hair. "I love it!" she exclaims, pulling at a few tufts. I back away in case she happens to notice the extensions. I give her a small smile, pretending to be embarrased. At least I have the flushed cheeks for it. 

"Yeah, it was seeping through the dye," I explain, "had to go to the hairdressers today."

Snow looks relieved. "Thank god! You did not want to be here today."

I blink at her, regarding her curiously, "why? What happened?"

"Your brother and his boyfriend showed up," she says in a hushed voice as though it was the biggest secret in the world. 

"No!" I gasp, my hand flying to cover my mouth. Okay, that may have over done the dramatic reaction I was aiming for. 

Mia suddenly gives a snort of a laugh from her position on her bed, "yeah, heard she bet the shit out of them."

"Snow!" I scold, gaping at her. She squirms, unsure of my reaction.

"They got what was coming to them," she says with a bri tsk nod of her chin, completely confident of the reasons why she commited the actions. 

"Maybe Alex did, but not my brother," I reason and then look down, wringing my hands, "he's kinda delicate." 

Snow scoffed, "he was begging for mercy. Serves him right." 

Oh God. I gulp and look back at her. "Rage all out of your system now? I don't need to worry about you castrating my brother?" 

She gives me an evil grin, ruffles my hair and turns her back to me to lie down on her bed. I don't think I'll be sleeping tonight. 

I guess Meredith and her crew decided to cause more havoc because three hours after I had fallen asleep, I'm rudely awoken. But miraculously, this time I don't fall out of bed. But I do take too long trying to assess the situation and Snow has to push me out of the room before the girls got annoyed. We meet them down in the foye again. I count my stars lucky that this time I had opted for the bra. I was the darkest one here in my checkered pyjama shorts and The Killers t-shirt. The rest were in light and airy colours, even Mia. 

"Pledges," Meredith begins, fiddling with a piece of flawlessly groomed brown hair, "your task for tonight is to get someone's underwear."

Some whispers erupt amongst the girls. How easy. I'll just take Heathers. 

"From a guy," Meredith finishes, puckering her pink lips. Everyone groans. I catch Heather's eye and nod. I can get two pairs of my boxers and give her one. Simple. "You have twenty minutes. Go!" Meredith barks. Immediately Heather and I go against the crowd and run back up the stairs.

"Hold it!" a sharp voice stops us. We halt, slowly turning around. "Where do you think you two are going?" Meredith sneers. 

"I have underwear upstairs," I say slowly, unsure as what to say. Might as well come out with it. Meredith lets out a laugh.