Slaving&Regretting

“Miller, where is my dry cleaning?” I sighed, hearing that jackass’s voice makes me wanna shove needles in my ears.

                “I placed it on top of the red leather sofa, sir. And your polished shoes are by the door. Mary-Jane asked if she could hold back dinner for an hour, she had a little emergency with her mother, and your brother called wondering when were you gonna visit your mother.”

                “Miller, it’s been five years, the closet hasn’t moved from its corner in my office, place my clothes there. Tell MJ to be there eight thirty no less or no contract. And tell my brother to suck it.” I nodded not really wanting to tell a middle aged woman to leave her dying mother in the hospital or lose the merging contract that will save her family’s company, and not really wanting to tell Jack Solomon to ‘suck it’.

                “Yes sir. Oh, and about my weekend off next week, has my replacement been found or do I look one for you sir?” Ella’s wedding is next Sunday, and as the maid of honor and her best friend I need that weekend off.

                “What weekend off?” I blinked, shocked.

                I know where this is going, he’s gonna say I never told him that –even though I placed a note on his phone, send him various texts, emails and messages and reminded him at least once a week for the past four months-, I’m gonna tell him I’ve told him many –MANY- times about it, and he’s gonna say I’m insulting him and fire me right on the spot. NO.

                “Could I have this weekend off sir?” I asked with the most ass-kissing smile.

                “No. We are going to Tokyo, GP is becoming one of the top five stores there with our Princess, Girly and Gothic styles clothing.”

                That is the magic of GP (Girls Paradise), no matter what you listen to, or what you like or even your sexual orientation (transvestite) you can come in and buy clothes. We have feminine clothes for manly bodies, got a small section for men –or in other words those unfortunate boyfriends that are forced to come along- and even plus and extra plus sizes. Our styles are worldwide; from country related like Japanese with their kimonos and the Caribbean with their long breezy skirts, to every single fashion taste to exist, like Punk, Gothic, Princess, Girly, Feminine, Retro, Asian-Inspired, Boho-Chic, Luxurious, Bold, Edgy, Pop (or childish, however you wanna call it), Basic and Plain, Preppy, Sporty, Flirty and even Slutty if that’s your thing. You won’t ever feel out of place in our stores.

                “Sir, it’s my friend’s wedding, I’m the maid of honor, I need to be there.” He sat on his oh so luxurious chair and gave me his irritating ‘you’re my worthless slave who I can easily mess with and manipulate’ look.  “And this is our next zero, Japanese are really careless shoppers, next to Americans, the higher we are the more zeros on your paycheck.” I grunted in my head wondering how I could persuade him to think giving me the day off would be his great idea or something.

                “Alright, how about I go with you on . . .” He smiled and waited a few seconds before answering, “Wednesday,” I nodded, “Stay with you for one day and come back as fast as possible for the wedding? I’ll miss the Bachelorette party, but who needs those?”

                He nodded and leaned forward on his desk, “How about you just forget the wedding and do as you’re told?”

                “Please, sir, I am begging you! I promise you right now that I’ll do anything to get Sunday off!”