Chapter Forty-Three: Progressing Relationships

“She looks like she’s dead,” I heard someone whisper. I didn’t feel like moving and snapping at the person, due to my sleepy state.

“I would say she’s dead, but she has a little bit of drool on the corner of her mouth.” I heard the one person who would insult me no matter the state I am in.

I let out a groan, rolling over to my side. “Go away,” I muttered into my pillow.

“It’s one in the afternoon, Alice.” Thomas said, yanking the covers off me. “I think it is time to get up.”

I let out a tired sigh, sitting up from my bed and rubbing my tired eyes. “It might be one in the afternoon but it gives you no right to wake me up.” I then turned to the other person next to Thomas. “Ben? What are you doing here?” I asked, confused. We made no plans together and it was weird for him to show up without a purpose.

“I was thinking of having an Alice and Ben Day. You know because you are always spending time with Gavin I kind of wanted to spend some time with you.” He said, rubbing the back of his neck.

I nodded my head, “Yeah. Sure, that would be fine. Just give me ten minutes and I will meet you downstairs for breakfast.” I said, throwing my legs over the side of my bed and getting up.

“Don’t you mean lunch?” Thomas asked.

I rolled my eyes not bothering to respond to my little brother, walking towards the bathroom. Ben was one of the only people who I felt comfortable letting me see me in my early troll like state.

Once I was finished with the bathroom, I headed straight to my closet to change out of my shorts and t-shirt that I slept in. I quickly changed into a pair of black and white tights and a light white sweater, it was almost the end of April and even though the weather was beginning to warm up. I still liked wearing sweaters no matter the season.

Once I was done changing I headed for the stairs making my way towards the kitchen for breakfast. It was Saturday and that meant it was grocery day for Marco, so I would have to fend for making myself breakfast this morning.

Usually when Marco wasn’t around another kitchen staff would make my meal, yeah you probably think I am spoiled and everything but it wasn’t that I didn’t know how to make myself meals, I did. It’s just that my mom didn’t really like me to use the kitchen after the food fight I had at school.

She thought that I would lose my temper or something. However, when I assured her I didn’t have any anger management issues she allowed me to use the kitchen if I had a responsible adult with me.

“Are you going to stand there all day or are you going to make us lunch?” I heard my annoying brother’s voice say.

“I am making myself breakfast. You can wait for Marco to come home and then he can satisfy your hunger for food.” I said, opening the cabinets and grabbing a bowl.

“But, I’m hungry.”

“Thomas, you ate an hour ago.” Ben said, looking at my brother with wide eyes.

“You’ve been here for an hour? Why didn’t you wake me up?” I asked, feeling a little bit bad for leaving him in the company of Thomas for such a while.

“I’ve actually been here for two. I watched Thomas here, have breakfast then what he likes to call his ‘after breakfast meal.’”

I snorted, “Even Ben knows what a pig you are.”

“At least I don’t have anger management issues.” Thomas said, swinging off his char and walking out of the kitchen with his head held high.