Chapter 38

Chapter 38

The Road to Staten Island

It’s a little past noon.  Kara begged Braylin to let her drive herself to work she’s driving his Grey Audi S8.  She pulls into the parking lot behind the restaurant noticing there isn’t anyone parked in customer parking.  One of the Hurst security details pulls into a customer parking space near her.  So much for coming to work alone.  They nod their heads letting her know that they are there to watch over her.  She walks over to them inviting them inside to have lunch. 

They take her up on her offer following her to the back entrance.  She expects to walk in to the hustle and bustle of a busy lunch hour but once inside there’s no one in the kitchen.  The stoves are cold and the counters are all cleaned.  Kara rushes through the kitchen bi-fold doors into the dining area to find Mica sitting at one of the customer tables on his cell phone.  Darla is standing nearby nibbling nervously on her finger. 

“What’s going on?”  Kara says rushing to the table they are gathered around. 

“Amelia Santino Monroe that’s what.”  Darla says rolling her eyes.  “You’re crazy ass mother shut us down.”  Darla angrily exclaims. Mica’s call has ended. 

“Where’s Casey.”  Kara looks around the room.  Casey walks in to the dining area from the front entrance. 

“Any luck?”  Darla ask him.  “No…I don’t know where he is.  He called me twice and I returned his call, it’s like we’re playing phone tag.  There was fear in his voice, I know I heard it.  I’m scared for him.  That crazy bitch has done this, what if she knows what he did.”  Casey runs his fingers through his hair in frustration.   

“What is going on….?”  Holding her hands open toward them Kara becomes more anxious her eyes search from one to the other. 

“I think you better sit down.”  Mica tells her.  Kara looks between the three of them in confusion. 

“Yeah sit….who are they….. you’re bodyguards?”  Darla acknowledges the men behind her. 

“Yeah….I told them I would give them lunch.  What….is happening?”  She ask again. 

“We’ve been shut down.  The injunction you’re mother threatened is real.  She had some attorney breeze in here early this morning.  He fired all of us and told us the place was unfit to operate.  He had some guy with him who said he was from the health department.  Between them they basically ran off the customers we had and shut the place down.  We sent the wait staff home until we can get this straightened out.”  Mica explains. 

“What….she did what….?  Why didn’t somebody call me?  I’ve been back from Vegas since early this morning.”  Kara responds. 

“Kara we tried calling you all morning, several times.  It just went to your voicemail.”  Mica replies. 

Kara closes her eyes with memories of her morning causing her to blush.  Her relationship with Braylin has become seamless, whenever they are together these last few days touching turns into grabbing, soft lips turn into passionate tongues battling for control of never ending kisses.  They burn like a match to a flame until they become one with the other.  The fiery passion between them is never extinguished it simmers like little embers waiting for the spark that rekindles their passion for one another.  She doesn’t recognize herself anymore her erotic thoughts of him consume her.  She has a hunger for the taste of Braylin Hurst that only grows when he teases her with his touch.