Mr. Void

Its funny isn't it, that when people get caught they make the stupidest excuses. I didn't know he was robbing the store, I swear!! Or the most favorite of mine is, my parents made me do it. Who makes their kids steal anyways?

Anyways enough complaining, I've done that way too much. My name is Dakota Ryan. I work at Five Star which is some grocery store, helping people that are snobs and don't respect the common worker of this town. Again anyways, three years ago I woke up from a coma. Not the greatest thing ever but hey I'm alive right? While in my coma, I met a soul drinker in the void, nasty looking creatures who feed on the souls who don't make it to the afterlife. It made a deal with me to teach me how to use the void like they do, at the price of half my soul. I didn't care as I had no one to care for anyways. He's my teacher or my master of some sorts; but above all he is my friend and a dam good one too. The power of void as never been used by mankind, I am the first and I am alone. It is a powerful gift but has a awful curse. I must feed on half a soul a month or perish.

9:47 pm

Dakota was walking home after his shift at Five Star, snow started to lightly fall from the sky. He looked up at the clouds smiling.

"Nothing like a great walk at night makes me almost jealous that I'm not you." Said a voice from behind him. Dakota turned to look into the eyes of a hooded figure. The figure stood eight feet tall and it had the head of a crocodile with spikes going from the tip of its nose to the top of the head. Long skinny fangs came out from all sides of the mouth. Scaly wings were folded on its back. The creature had four arms, on each arm a thick spike came out of the elbow. The hands were a little on the small side, but every finger expects the thumb and pinky's had four inch claws. It was on the skinny side overall, but it stood on two powerful looking legs. It was wearing ragged and torn clothing, as purple ash kept falling off the creature.

"Vixi, always a pleasure to see you randomly. What do I owe the pleasure?" asked Dakota.

"I was bored at your place you call a home. Figured you would want some company." Replied Vixi as he stretched out his wings, which expanded out to twelve feet.

"Vixi, why are you really here?"

"Just another poor soul needing some help getting out of there body."

"I knew it! Why can't you ever just come out and tell me you need someone killed?"

"Well when you put it like that, it makes me sound like I'm cold hearted."

"That's cause you are" Dakota said as he started to walk away laughing. Vixi started to follow him down the street.

"I don't get what's so funny about this." Said Vixi. Dakota stopped and turned to look around, Vixi saw that his ears was glowing a faint purple.

"Let me guess, your civic service is needed somewhere." Vixi said. Dakota looked at Vixi and gave him the bird, as a flash of purple went around Dakota. Instead of Dakotas work clothes; he had on a trench coat that was black with a purple void symbol on the back. Combat boats replaced his tennis shoes he was wearing and black pants and shirt replaced his Five Star uniform. Fingertip less gloves appeared on his hands with the same symbol on the back of the hand. Two revolvers appeared on each hip in a purple holster. Finally a small cowboy hat appeared on his head. Dakota waved his hand as he blinked away; he kept doing this until he came to an alleyway. Three guys were beating on some teenager in the ally; one of them looked up and saw him. The guy tapped a big guy on the shoulder, he nodded his head as the guy who tapped on his shoulder started to walk towards Dakota.

"Look here pal, this isn't your problem." Said the guy. The teenager looked up to see who it was. Dakota saw that it was a young, he started to glare at the guy and waved his hand in an angry way towards the guy walking towards him. Purple vines came out of the side of the building, grabbing the guy by wrist and ankles.

"What the hell is this?!?" shouted the guy. The two others looked at Dakota and reached inside their jackets. As they pulled out there guns, Dakota drew his revolvers and fired. Purple bullets came out and hit the other guns before the two guys could get a shot off.

"What did he just do?" said the bigger guy. The smaller one turned and ran away before answering the question.

"You come any closer and the boy gets a knife to the throat" said the big guy as he pulled out a three inch knife and held it to the boy's neck.

"Easy buddy." Said Dakota in a raspy voice. Dakota lowered his guns and re holstered them.

"Throw your guns to me, I don't trust you with them." Shouted the big guy.

"You have a knife to a child; I think the odds are pretty even." Dakota shouted back.

"Not even enough" said the big guy as he pressed the knife harder to then kids neck. Blood started to trickle down the blade. Dakota glared at the big guy, but reached down and pulled out his guns slowly. Dakota threw the guns into the air, they landed in front of the guy. He picked one of the guns up and pointed it at Dakota.

"Any last words?" asked the big guy as he snickered.

"Yeah, it's not loaded" laughed Dakota.

"That's bullshit, you just fired two shots at us." The big guy yelled. Dakota waved his hand to blink forward again. He reappeared behind the guy and went to whisper in the guys ear.

"That's cause there were void bullets." Dakota finished as he thrust his hands forward to unleash a purple shockwave. The big guy was thrown back into the streets. The big guy struggled to get up.

"This isn't ov-" The guy began to say until a taxi hit him. Dakota looked at the young boy who was being bullied.

"Are you okay?" Dakota asked the boy.

"Y-y-yes, what are you" asked the boy.

"Just a man who was walking by"

"But all the things you just did..."

"It was just a side affect to a shitty nap."

"What do I call you?"

"Me?" Dakota said starting to walk away, he got to the end of the alleyway and turned to look at the boy.

"Call me; Mr. Void"

And with that, Dakota waved his hand and teleported away.