Chapter Seven

I DO NOT OWN HARRY POTTER OR ANY OF THE CHARACTERS FROM THAT SERIES BECAUSE THEY ALL BELONG TO JOANNE KATHLEEN (J.K.) ROWLING!

Chapter Seven

Hermione woke up to the sound of her alarm clock. It was a high pitched loud beep that came every second. It signaled Hermione that she had an hour before she had to go to work. Hermione moaned before slapping her hand on the clock to press the large button that would shut it off.

Hermione sighed and then gently sat up in her comfy bed. The sun was starting to come up and shine through her window. It was eight o’clock.

Once she was sitting up in her bed, Hermione yawned and stretched her arms in front of her as she looked around her room. It was a deep shade of red and she had a white carpet as the flooring. She had a sandy brown dresser, nightstand, and dress and she had pictures of her and her friends as well as her family on her wall.

Hermione looked at the one picture that we had of her parents. She hadn’t seen them since she left them and foiled their memory. They were travelling now. All she knew from the neighbours was that they went on a Europe wide trip. Hermione didn’t know where they were since they were gone by the time she had gotten back from the war. She admitted that she missed them, but she tried every way that she could think of to find them.

She had no such luck.

She sighed and shook her head before she then walked to her door. She carefully opened it and heard that the television was on. When she went to go to bed last night, she was sitting on the couch watching television with him. There was a muggle action movie on and she thought Ron would enjoy it, which he did. Once the movie was over, she went to bed and Ron said that he would watch a little more television.

As she had suspected, he was laying on the couch, fast asleep, the television still on. Hermione gently turned the television off with the button before she then walked over to her boyfriend. She gently placed a hand on his shoulder and moved it. Ron awoke with a grumbling start before he looked at Hermione.

“It’s eight o’clock, Ron. I was going to make myself some breakfast and I am sure that you want some too. You have to go to work when I do, so we can walk to Diagon Alley together.” Hermione said.

Ron nodded and Hermione was still in her pajamas as she walked over to the kitchen part of her apartment. Ron gave a large yawn and stretched himself out before gently getting up and walking to her. He helped her start the toaster to make some toast while she started to make some eggs. Once in a while, Ron would smile at her and she would smile back.

As they were sitting at the table eating, Hermione looked at Ron after she ate a bite of her eggs, “are you going to work today or the protest again?”

“I have the rest of the week off and the next anyway as my holidays, so I am going back. I don’t really have anything else to do,” Ron answered.

“Why don’t you relax on your holidays, Ron?” Hermione said.

“I’m doing something that I want to do. It’s my holiday and I can choose to be either lazy or active.” Ron defended not answering angrily, but strictly.

Hermione was silent for a couple of seconds as Ron and her looked at each other all throughout it before Hermione whispered, hurt, “you never told me that you were on holidays, Ron.”

Ron stared at Hermione as she went back to eating silently, looking down at her plate. After a couple of minutes, Ron said to Hermione, “before all of this Ministry law happened, I was going to surprise you. I was going to take you out to dinner and see a movie with you.”