Chapter 23

*Recap

"So, can I see my niece? Rebekah told me." He said. I looked up at Klaus and looked into his eyes searching for anything. He wouldn't hurt her. I thought. I slowly stood up and reached my hands out towards him. He hesitantly took her into his arms as he smiled down at her. He looked back up towards me smiling a genuine smile.

"What's her name?" He asked.

"Aurora Nikole Mikaelson." I said smiling at Elijah, he didn't seem angry, not afraid, but hesitant.

"She's beautiful." He said as he handed her back to me.

"Now, who do we have to kill first?" Klaus asked as he smiled evilly.

"No one yet. First I'm taking my baby home. Then we question Dr. Fell." I said glaring at the doctor. I grabbed the clothes out of the backpack that she packed for Aurora. I laid her on the bed as I kept her onsie on, lightly putting black sweat pants on her, a fluffy black jacket, fluffy pink socks, then little white boots, finally a pink hat with a sparkly pink of ball at the top, as I listened and still talked with everyone.

"Okay. I'll grab the doctor." Klaus smirked.

"Do you want to say goodbye to your mother and friends?" Elijah asked.

"Yeah, I'm taking Aurora with me. Rebekah do you want to come with me?" I asked.

"Yeah." She said.

"You two be careful! I'll be at our home." Elijah said.

"Okay. Bye, I'll see you in a little bit." I said as I walked over to Elijah, with Aurora in my arms dressed. He slowly reached up holding my cheek.

"Be safe." He said. I nodded as I kissed his cheek and he kissed mine then softly kissed Aurora's head.

"Crap!" I cursed as I started to walk towards the door.

"What is it?" Elijah asked worried.

"I never got a car seat! How did I forget a car seat?" I panicked and Klaus started laughing.

"This is not funny!" I glared at him.

"No no, you're right." He laughed and it brought the memory of when Elena stole my prom dress because she was an emotionless b*tch.

"I have a car seat, in my car. I didn't think you had one since everything that happened." Rebekah said and I smiled thankful towards her.

"Okay! Good, before we go. New Orleans still needs someone in charge over there. One of you have to go, or we could call Marcel?" I questioned and Elijah tilted his head a little to the side looking curious.

"Why do you care about New Orleans all of a sudden?" Rebekah asked. I knew she meant Marcel because she had a past fling with him but I shook that thought away.

"I have a daughter now. The Mikaelsons are her family. Although you are strong, you have so many enemies. Even though I would destroy anyone who came after my family, or baby without anyone's help. I still want to try to provide a safe home for her. She won't have a safe life because of her family. But, that doesn't mean that we can't try to keep her out of harms way." I sighed looking down at her stroking her little head.

"I agree. Which one of us do you want to go back? Or, do you want Marcel to watch over our home?" Klaus asked.

"What ever decision you two decide will be alright. I know you'll make the right decision. Just call me when you do decide." I said as I hurried out with Rebekah running beside with me. We hurried outside and Rebekah got into the drivers side, as I lightly sat Aurora in the pink flowery car seat. After that I jumped in the passenger side.

"That was intense." Rebekah laughed.

"Yeah! We should head to the boarding house. I'll call Elena to let her know." I said.

"Okay. Is she buckled in?" Rebekah asked worried.

"Yes she is." I smiled appreciative at her protectiveness. I pulled my phone out quickly calling Elena.

*Ring

'Caroline! Hey! How's the baby?' She asked excited.

'She's good. We're coming over to Stefan's house, have everyone meet us there.' I said as I quickly hung up.

"Rebekah, can I ask you a question?' I asked nervous.

"Yeah. What is it?" She asked.

"How are we going to keep her safe? I can't just give her to someone else." I said on the verge of tears.

"We'll do whatever it takes. I won't lose another family member." She said with conviction.

"Speaking of family. Where's Mikael?" I questioned.

"He's at the house. Father and Nik aren't getting along. This was the best way, having one in a room at a time." She said.

"Oh." I said as we parked in front of Stefan's house. I stepped out of the car as Bonnie and Elena ran outside towards the car smiling big. I opened Aurora's door and unbuckled her seat picking up the carrier as we walked inside with Bonnie and Elena looking at her, with Rebekah behind us all.