Epilogue

I'm not sure if I'll ever fully understand how much this book had affected people, but I will say that it's had just as much impact on my life. So, to everyone who has travelled so far with Evianna and me, I hope this ending is fitting.

As Joe spoke, he lifted his venerable face to the sky, and the depth in his words gave his proclamation a strength that would see it survive the ages. "I now pronounce you husband and wife."

As if they simply couldn't hold it in another moment, everyone gathered on the Kaivalya beach burst into wild, raucous applause. Shelley wolf-whistled with four fingers stuck in her mouth, while Joel and Jake whooped enthusiastically, their pretty girlfriends giggling at their antics. Taylor stood in front of Dr Blake, her eyes streaming, his arms laced over her swollen baby belly.

Beaming so widely, my cheeks actually hurt, I looked across at my new husband, gorgeous in his white linen shirt and bone-coloured pants. He still wore the Citrine bracelet I'd gifted him, but now, Matt's hand shone with a new piece of jewellery; a simple golden band on his ring finger, engraved with an intricate design of fiery suns.

It matched perfectly with the ring glowing on my left hand. In white gold, the threaded band looped and weaved around a cluster of diamonds, set to resemble the petals of a lotus bloom. I'd never imagined myself with diamonds at all, insisting to Matt that the money would be better spent elsewhere, but he'd designed the ring himself with the help of a talented jeweller and I'd adored it from the moment he'd popped the box open and dropped to his knee.

Saying yes then had felt almost as good as saying "I do," moments before. Now, there was only one part of the ceremony left to complete.

"You may now kiss the bride," rumbled Joe.

With the sun shining down and the white banners circling the altar fluttering happily, I allowed myself to rush into Matt's arms as he pulled me forward, like two magnet snapping together. His lips found mine as the curves of our mouths joined, and surging warmth passed between us. My eyes closed; I was swept away in a moment of wholeness as I showed the world the love I had for my husband and best friend.

Matt drew backwards, kissing me on my third eye and whispering, "I love you, Evianna."

"I love you too."

Again, our family and friends cheered, and we turned to smile at them, bringing them into the special moment. They'd all witnessed so much of our lives; having them there to see such a joyful occasion felt like our way to give something back.

As people began to pile forward with congratulations, I had someone I needed to see first. I called out, "Where is she? Who's got her?"

My mother appeared beside me, beaming as she always did when she cradled her grandchild. "Evianna! I think somebody's missed you!"

I lifted my daughter from her arms, cooing at her chubby, smiling face. "Oh, my beautiful baby! Did you miss me?"

She chortled, raising her plump fists and trying to catch strands of my long loose hair in her hands. Being only three months old meant her little white dress was definitely more adorable than mine, but I didn't mind at all.

Matt kissed the top of her dark hair. "Helllo, little girl. Daddy loves you, every inch of you, especially those eyes."

"That's because she has your eyes," I teased him lightly. While she had my hair and skin, our daughter had inherited her dad's ever-changing irises.

"Yep, but she's going to grow up looking like a clone of her gorgeous mother, and I get to spend the rest of my days surrounded by beautiful women." His eyes were a soft sea-blue as his arm snuck around my waist. "I'm the luckiest man in the world."