Christmas With The Taylors

25th December 2041 (McKenna 32 wks and 6 days, Izzy 8 wks 0 days)

Jace's POV

Nothing beats the sound of the kids running through the house and hearing them squeal when they find what's under the Christmas tree. Glancing at the time on my phone I chuckled as it was not even six yet and they were out of bed. The only thing missing is Kenna, as much as I would love for her to sleep over I don't want to rush the girls. It's not fair on them if I have Kenna here when they aren't comfortable with her being around. They had to deal with that with Josh, so I'm not going to upset them more.

"DADDY! HURRY UP!" I heard the twins scream, I chuckled and climbed out of bed and made my way out to the living room where the tree was. I did the Santa run at about two this morning as I know at least one of them would try and check to see if he had been yet. They are getting to that age where they know how it works but it's still fun doing the whole Santa thing.

"You girls are up early." I chuckled as I walked in and found then sitting around with each of their named gifts in front of them. I see they are keen to get this going. At least they waited for me to get out of bed this time. Last year they had opened everything before I had even woken up but they enjoyed themselves. That's what matters most.

"Yep, you can open the first one." Lily smiled as she pulled a small gift from behind her back. I sat down beside her and happily took it from her. The three of them sitting there patiently waiting as they watched me tear into the wrapping. When all the paper was ripped to shreads, I grinned at what I saw in my hands.

"How did you know I needed a new belt?" I asked them as I opened up the box that it was in. It's a pretty good one too, better than I would've picked out.

"We asked Nanna and she said that." Emmy said, Ruby and Lily nodded and just seeing their smiles makes my day. Today is going to be a pretty busy day with the family getting together at Brax's place. Tyler and Cam, plus their little families will be joining us as well. They too don't have their parents home for Christmas as Aunty Katie and Uncle Kaleb flew up to spend a couple of weeks with Mum and Dad. It's also Cam's twenty-seventh birthday today.

"Well thanks baby girls, I really love it." I grinned and then set it aside. I was expecting them to start opening theirs but Lily reached behind her and held out another one to me.

"I get two?" I chuckled as I reached for it and she shook her head. Now I'm feeling a little confused, why is she passing it to me if it's not mine?

"It's for the baby." she said quickly and then turned away from me and fiddled with the box by her feet. Pulling the small gift closer to me, I looked down at it and noticed what was on the label. 'For my baby brother, love from big sister Lily', I smiled and felt happier that she had gone out of her way to do something for the baby.

"Thank you." I said softly and then wrapped my arm around Lily's shoulder and pulled her closer to me. She giggled as I tickled her ribs and when she looked up at me, she was smiling. Hopefully this is a good step in the right direction for her to be accepting that there's going to be a new baby in the family.

"Is Kenna coming over?" she asked as I peeled open the baby's gift. Taking a quick glance at her, she was still smiling. I wonder if Mum had a little chat with her, they were on the phone for a while.

"She's going to meet us at Uncle Brax's for lunch." I said and her smile dropped and she frowned.

"Oh. I thought she was coming here for our breakfast." her voice sounded a little disappointed. well I certainly wasn't expecting this reaction from her. I know Emmy and Roo wanted her to be here this morning, it was just Lily that never said anything. And now she does.