The Answer

Authors Note: Flashbacks in italics, they're also in third person.

Sorry for this being slightly late, it's been a struggle to write these past few days, tiredness has been consuming me.

If you want a song to describe Melody & Randy's relationship, go listen to Beyoncé - Smash Into You.

-

I stared blankly as I tried to process what he had just asked of me.

Did he just..

No, this can't be happening. Not right now.

I blinked, closing my eyes. I must be dreaming right now, that's what this is, right? Yeah, totally.

Opening my eyes slowly I was still stuck with the vision of Randy in front of me on one knee, ring in hand.

"Randy..", I spoke only to once again lose my words.

"I know, a few days ago I said that we didn't have to jump into anything fast if that wasn't what you wanted, but this..this is something what my heart was telling me to do that night I just up and left without a word.", he started. "Now I can't say I had a speech prepared for this, so just bare with me on this, okay..?"

I gave him a slight nod, signalling for him to continue.

"I remember seeing you for the first time, the time I introduced myself to you backstage at Raw. You was struggling to open the door, so I came over and helped, seeing that as an opportunity to talk to you."

It had been two minutes that Evolution's golden boy, and the soon-to-be Intercontinental champion had been watching her try and open the door, her hands full of her bags which she needed (to which he assumed that she needed) for tonight.

He was outside, sitting on the front of the car minding his own business when he saw her.

Never once had he ever talked to her, often seeing her around backstage whenever he walked around - yet he had heard that she was related to one of the divas on the roster, Trish Stratus to be infact.

Deciding that she had struggled enough, he stood up; walking over towards the door to the backstage entrance to the arena.

"Here, let me help.", he spoke causing her to freeze and look at him.

The girl looked abit taken aback by his presence, a confused and slightly wide-eyed expression on her face.

Opening the door, he held it open, gesturing for her to step inside; that was before he took a bag off of her, taking some of the weight from her.

He heard her mumble a 'thankyou' before passing him, entering the arena. Following behind her, the pair made their way through the backstage area.

Not bad at all, Randy thought as he checked her out from behind.

She stopped abruptly, the young Evolution member halting in his tracks before he walked into her.

Placing the bag on the floor, she turned to him. "Thanks, er.."

"Orton. Randy Orton.", he introduced himself, holding his hand out.

Looking down at his extended hand, she hesitated slightly before shaking it. "Melody Stratigias."

"Cute name, you're Trish's cousin, right?", he questioned.

"That's me.", she smiled slightly.

Randy nodded as he looked at her, gosh she was pretty. Cute face, slight dimples appearing when she smiled - to which he assumed would be more prominent the wider she smiled. Those brown eyes what seemed to have a hint of a sparkle in them.