Manifestations

The house was breathtakingly perfect. It had everything on her wish list. There was a large updated kitchen that boasted spacious countertops and cabinets. The great room was massive. Heather started to dream of dinner parties. She loved entertaining.

The fireplace, the main feature of the great room was gas powered and inside a beautiful grey stoned pillar in the middle of the room. The fire that was in a glass encasing could be seen on both sides of the pillar. It was simply awesome. 

The agent walked her to the dining area that had French entry way doors leading to an oasis of a backyard. It had an herb garden leading up a step stone Zen-like area near an almost forest of trees, the trees would provide much needed shade from the south facing side of the house and a ton of privacy from any nosey neighbor. Around the patio furniture was a fire pit and grill encased in grey stone similar to the color of the fireplace inside the great room. The rest of the yard sported a lush carpet of green perfect for the dog she had always wanted. The master bedroom’s window overlooked Masterbon pond and the breathtaking view carried over to the window inside the master bathroom that contain a Freestanding Air Bath Jacuzzi jewel. These were just added bonuses since she loved water. The best feature of all, though, had to be the walk-in closet that seemed to be bigger than her studio apartment. 

Heather Young was afraid to ask Jim, the Realtor, how much this gem was, and at the same token, she was almost upset with him for showing her something that was obviously completely out of her price range. There was no way this beauty overlooking a body of water was anywhere near what she could afford, but deep in her gut, a feeling came over her, a sense of want, entitlement. She knew at that point she didn't care and was going try everything in her power to see if she could get the place for her own.

She started on a frantic hunt for things that might be potentially wrong with the home in hopes of striking a good deal Heather Young loved a good buy.  She looked for them where ever she went.  Getting a bargain was almost a drug to her. When went on her intoxicating excursions, she always had a price in mind before she ventured out the door.  Her budget always dangled over her like the hangover it was.  

A must-have item didn't exist in her vocabulary, especially at full price. Clearance was a way of life for her, in fact, she considered those racks family-- not just a mere friend. Getting things at a descent price was a matter of principle to her, especially since she knew that clothing had a 70 percent markup, a little tidbit of information she had learned many years ago while working retail. 

The other side to this principal was business economics to her. Simply put, if she started buying that must-have item at a ridiculously high price just because she wanted it, the item would stay at a ridiculously high price because someone was stupid enough to buy it for that amount. This, she thought was completely unfair since the average American found it nearly impossible to purchase anything these days. 

It was a sense of duty to Heather to hold out.  She felt if she could show some restraint, prices would be reasonable for consumers.  Heather wasn’t cheap by any stretch of the means, but she was frugal which is why she hoped to find something, anything wrong with the house. Her attempts, however, were pretty feeble. The water pressure was good and the pipes, roof, foundation, and furnace all seemed to be in good working condition, as well. 

“It’s going for $180,000.” The Realtor said as she saw her bite her lip.

She couldn’t believe her ears. Heather almost asked again, but was in fear to. That was a huge bargain in the state of Connecticut, Plymouth especially.  She didn't want to even gander as to why a house like this was going for so low on the market, but assumed it had something to do with the housing bubble bursting. This was a great deal, and one she could afford, so she put in a bid and crossed her fingers.