~Promise Me Something~ Chapter 7

Before I knew it, Friday rolled around and Faith has been missing in action all week! I have tried my best to avoid Mason after his crazy break out fearing for my life. I shivered at the thought of what happen prior, Mason's whole attitude and attire change completely and that is something I do NOT want to experience again. Ever again!

I dashed home and threw my school uniform in the wash before jumping into a quick shower and washing off all this weeks sorrows away. I scrubbed my body with sweet Strawberry and quickly conditioned my hair before hopping out of the shower and wearing my 'FAITH SANT(A) 15' jersey. It was weird but she gave me her school jersey, which she decided to get Faith Santa written on the back. Her last name was Santiago and she believed every time she was around people 'they were gifted to even be in her presence'- her words not mine. In support of her and our friendship, I borrowed her jersey where I'll be cheering my loudest for her.

I rushed down but stopped in my track only to see Mum home.

"Oh hey mum...aren't you working til 10pm today?" I asked, feeling rather confused

"About that..."

Just as my mum was to continue my phone beeped 'Dylan is picking you up, he offered. Don't freak :) See you soon!'. Mum cleared her throat "So...You have plans?" she questioned suspiciously.

I raised an eyebrow at her now mum was acting suspiciously. "Mum...are you okay? You're acting dare say, really odd"

Mum walked closer to me and cupped my face with her hands, giving me a soft smile "Yes sweetie. I'm fine. I just need to talk to you about something...but go now. I'm sure Faith would really love your support"

Before I had a chance to find out what she wanted to mention, the car horn beeped and I blew air kisses before rushing out the door. In my crappy, rocky driveway was a beautiful black, sleek car. I do not know much about cars but this was definitely a two seater that is way out of my range. I mean, I'd probably have to work six years at the minimum nonstop to buy just this car.

Opening the car, I sunk into the seat and felt around. The door, the seat, the armrest...everything!

"Like it?" A voice startled me.

I blushed feeling extremely embarrassed. "Uh, yes I do" I smiled politely. He just smiled back.

"How are you Jessica? Last time I really came face to face with you was after that excursion where we were grouped together". See, the thing was Dylan also studied at TAFE as he really wanted to be a plumber, like his uncle and help him out with the growing business. His uncle had two daughters, one a current doctor and one aspiring to be a lawyer. Dylan had a younger brother Axel, however, he is only starting high school in a few months' time and is only the prime age of 13.

The drive was silent, not much was said. Weird enough, Dylan is a respectful guy who is friends with that douche bag Mason. Wait scrape that, he's best friends with Mason. Dylan most likely knows the bullying I encounter but never participates in it. Nor is he there most of the time it is done- he probably knows about it because I mean, it's hard not to. Especially when the whole grade hates me so much...or more like loves humiliating you my conscience spoke quickly.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Dylan but in, interrupting my thoughts.

I was really tempted to ask Dylan why Mason acts the way he does. Or has a problem against me? Was it just me? Did he do this to everyone? Why is he so rude? Why does he date bimbos? All these questions to ask...

"Jessica?" Dylan said

"Oh sorry" I smiled lightly "Just allot going on my mind"

"Penny for your thoughts?" He repeated