four

SAM’S POV

     It seemed as if the household was still nothing but mere silence as I had managed to wake up, make breakfast for myself, go for a run and come back. And not a thing had moved. Alexis was sat in the living room watching whatever was on the TV and the boys were nowhere to be seen.

     I walked into the living room, despite knowing I stunk of sweat, and approached Alexis, she was sat on the single sofa, toast in her hand and the remote beside her. A smile immediately appeared on her face as she noticed me.

     “Where did you go?” she asked and I signalled at my attire.

     “You need to stop with those excessive runs, a couple of times a week is enough – you don’t need to go more or less twice every day,” Alexis ordered me and I sighed knowing not even her could stop me from going on my runs.

     Running and exercise had always played a big part in my life. It was a way to take out my emotions without having to speak. It was a way of feeling good about myself, like I could accomplish something without having to be edited, like I was worth something.

      When I was younger, I didn’t really have much self-confidence. At school, I was always being put-down on a day to day basis until I was introduced into the world of sport and some other things. I guess, from then on, things just went uphill.

    “I’m not starving myself or anything,” I told her and she just shrugged her shoulders and continued watching whatever it was that she was watching.

     “I’m going to shower and then we’re going out.”

     I left the room and make my way upstairs. It had only been a day of living here and clothes and rubbish was sprawled out everywhere. As I climbed the stairs, I dodged past hoodies, t-shirts, snapbacks and even a few pairs of shoes: most of the clothing belonged to Harry and Niall, some belonged to Alexis.

    I sighed and made my way to my bedroom. Upon pushing the door open, the sound of music immediately filled my ears and I rolled my eyes. Harry and Niall were sat on their undone bed, phones and laptops in front of them, and rocking out to the music.

     I grabbed a towel from the towel rack and walked into the bathroom, taking my clothes that had already been laid out from before I went for the run, and locked the door behind me.

     The hot water pelleted down almost immediately soothing my muscles. I tilted my head back, each droplet caressing every strand of my hair and trickling down and rushing into the drain. I stayed in that position for a while, cherishing every moment of utter peace, and then got out.

     “About time you got out, too!” Niall yelled from the bedroom.

    “Think about the poor!” Harry added.

     Ignoring their annoying antics, I made my way to my walk in wardrobe and chose my outfit for the day. After a while of contemplating, I settled on a pair of white skinny jeans and a grey jumper. My hair was still wet, so I ambled out of the bathroom, after cleaning my mess, and headed to dry my hair.

     “Lexi is calling you,” Niall told me over the noise of the hairdryer.

     I nodded my head quickly and he shrugged his shoulders and walked off. It was almost as if he and Harry weren’t bothering to change on purpose. Almost as if they were acting like strangers off the streets on purpose to bother us. However, ignoring irritating people was a profession belonging to Lexi and I.

    As my hair had straightened through the dryer, I didn’t need to straighten it, so I put it up into a ponytail and made my way downstairs after applying make-up.