Maybe High School Isn't So Bad Chapter 9

I was at my locker, about to head down to the cafeteria, when Ricky joined me.

“Hey,” he said leaning against the lockers.

“I really don’t want to talk to you,” I said rearranging my book bag.

“Then just listen… I thought about what you said after talking to my brother, who thinks you’re beyond great. I think we should start over. Hi, I’m Ricky Green, nice to meet you.”

“Who’s your brother?”

“Well, step brother; he said you guys know each other.”

“I have no idea who that is, but I don’t believe in second impressions. You said what you meant the first time and that’s that.”

“Erica, please?”

“No! Who’s your step brother anyway?”

“Ayden,” he said turning away from me.”

I froze for a minute before walking away. I hurried to the cafeteria to tell Miles and Everett everything that happened.

“That’s interesting,” Everett said as Emily came over to our table with Ayden.

“Hey, Erica, do you need a ride today?”

“Yes, please,”

“Well, Ayden and I were going to hang out with some friends do you want to join?”

“Where?”

“The pizza place, where Ayden works.”

Miles elbowed me. “Sure, can I bring these guys?”  

“Sure, the more the merrier. I’ll see you guys after school,” Emily said before leaving our table with Ayden in toe.

Mile grabbed my arm and pulled me into a hug. “Thank you!” he said holding my head against his chest.

“You’re forgetting that you have track practice,” Everett so kindly reminded him.

“Ugh!” Miles said hitting his head against the table.

“Say you have a doctor’s appointment,” I said chewing my sandwich.

“I would have had to tell my coach that yesterday.”

“Tell him that you just found out,” Everett said.

“Good point,” Miles said getting up.

Everett and I watched him walk over to his track buddies and sat down with them.

“So, Ayden was looking at you…” Everett said smiling.

“Shut up he was not…was he?” I asked leaning forward.

Everett laughed as she nodded. “He was totally checking you out. He needs to get rid of that girlfriend person.”

“Stop, I like Emily, she’s cool.”

“I don’t care!” Everett said as Miles walked over.

“Guess who has a doctor’s appointment?”

“You do!” Everett and I said together.

“Yeah buddy!” he said sitting next to me. “Emily will then fall in love with my charm and you can get pizza boy.”

I smiled. “Fingers crossed,” Everett said as we continued eating.