Chapter 16- Threatening Strangers

EDITING!- Some confusion as I go through and change things- Including names! 

Zoey POV

Ever since Troy found out I was Ethan's mate I haven't seen him, his distance doesn't confuse me because I understand that when you find out that the person you are seeing is meant for someone else it is hard, but I missed him and right now I needed a friend, someone to explain this whole situation to me. I know that being mated to Ethan was a big deal but truthfully I didn't understand why mates were a big deal. Ethan said it meant we were soulmates, that he and I were each others hands and without each other we wouldn't be truly happy. The idea of being with one person for the rest of my life scares be so much, we are both so young and yet I am meant to give my life to one person and no one else. I wasn't ready for that commitment. 

Work had started to be my escape from everything that was happening in my life, though I hadn't confronted Dean about whether or not he was a werewolf like the rest of this town I stilled liked being around him. He was funny and always ready to cheer me up no matter what mood I came into work, a part of me wondered if he already knew that I am aware of the existence of his kind. Dean was standing at the counter severing people and making small talk, he saw me and smiled before turning his attention back to the man he was severing. I walked out the back and started to clean dishes and cups that were pilling up in the back, I shook my head at the rate that Dean's place was unemployed. 

"Well look who decided to turn back up to work." Dean said surprising me. I knew he was joking but a part of me felt bad for being away so much trying to deal with this whole werewolf thing. 

"Yeah, sorry I had some stuff to sort out." I explained, not knowing whether I should truly state my issues. 

"Yeah I know, I heard from the Alpha." He said, I slowly turned to face him, he had a smiled on his face and was staring back at me.

"Of course you are a werewolf, no one in this town could ever be human." I said almost annoyed turning back to the washing up trying to not focus too much on the fact my boss was a weird animal. 

"Well, they can its just they are ever rare and don't stay long" I didn't have to turn around to know Dean was smirking at my obvious misunderstanding of how this town worked. 

"Well, it seems to be a theme with humans to move on quickly" I said quietly.

"What does the mean? Are you leaving?" He asked suddenly interested. 

"I don't know yet but I will make sure to give you proper notice if I am moving on." 

After work I headed home to Betty's lovely cooking, a hot shower and a  warm bed trying not to focus too much on the ways that my life has messed up in the last week. 

The alarm woke me from my dreamless sleep, I rolled out of the bed and climbed into the shower, deciding on a cute pair of shorts and my black shirt that says 'bite me', and my red Doc Martians. Betty like always made a beatuful breakfeast which was delicious but quite without Troy.

"Where is Troy the morning?" I asked Betty.

"I'm not sure sweetie." Betty smiled sweetly before turning back to her breakfast.  

Arriving at Greendale High I jumped out of my car and walked through the halls to my locker, looking around slightly in hopes of spotting Ethan. A part of me wanted to see him but after everything I was stilling wasn't ready for all his world comes with.  I noticed Brooke, Angie and Emily all sitting around with Jarred and Mark obvious chatting about something.