Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"What do you think they will do this time?" I asked.

Her mother was the worst when it came to matching us up. One time she sent us both on a double date with twins, identical twins. We kept messing their names up and by the end of the night they were called twin 1 and twin 2. Whichever twin was by me at the time was twin 1 and by her was twin 2. If they switched on us without telling us, then it was their fault. You can bet by the end of the night they wanted to be far away from us as we wanted of them.

It wasn't until later on that week that we were told they were forced into it to by their mother as well. We all forgave each other and have been the best of friends ever since. That was four years ago, right before I received my scar. They demanded me to tell them, how I got it after seeing a bandage on my face while skyping with them one night. I was only glad they didn't live with us.

Those two are extremely protective of us. They knew I didn't fall down as I'm not clumsy. If Becca hadn't taken over, they would have headed to live with us, screwing up their college transcripts. Instead they took two weeks and visited their dying grandmother. Their college professors believed the lies and allowed the twins to turn in all their work through emails. Becca had to run them out of town before they decided to switch colleges mid semester. My over protective men didn't want to leave their damsel in distress.

That was all about to change. Rebecca and I finished college a semester ahead of schedule. We are flying back to graduate with our class mates in June. In the mean time we are moving back to Becca's home town. Minot, North Dakota. It wasn't too small, but smaller than Fairfield and San Francisco where we went to school at.

"I think they will try and set us both up with guys this time, but..." She gave me a look that I wasn't too sure about. Was she worried or scared?

"But what?" I ask a little afraid.

"Archer and Jason are coming back home." This time her voice sounded void, lost and alone. Archer was her older brother, but Jason...Jason was the man she fell in love with and broke her heart. They didn't have girl friends at the time, but went on a trip to Hawaii and found beautiful women. Women they loved and are planning on marrying this spring, I believe.

It broke her heart when Jason abandoned her shortly after Archer left me. Like our short summer romance, Jason and Becca fell deeply head over heels for each other. Secretly Becca's been pining after Jason since she was eight years old. A tiny crush blossomed into a woman's love.

To this day, neither of us know why Jason abandoned her. No phone calls, emails, pictures not even a damn postcard from Hawaii! I on the other hand, know why Archer dumped me; the scar.

Our hopes and dreams were crushed when Lisa, Becca's mom informed us the men had proposed to two beautiful women.

We both saw right through those fake Barbie's. All they wanted was the men's money. Archer had his parent's money and Jason's father wasn't too far off.

They weren't supposed to be coming back until next year after the wedding. It was too much money to fly back for Christmas with the weddings they were planning. Both men were having to pay for the whole shindig because their whores had no money. Shouldn't that be a warning bell right there?

Shaking my head, I tighten my grip on the seatbelt.

"Why?" I asked perplexed. I had now shifted my weight to lean against the cabby door. My full attention focused her.

"I don't know Tay. Mom told me their flight would be landing an hour before ours and that we should look for them when we land. The twins will be picking us all up. Archer and Jason don't know that though. They think mom and dad are." The evil smile she gave me, told me she was happy about that.