Chapter 30

Commander Paylor says her goodbyes before we leave “Okay. You are not allowed to remove your earpiece; we need communication with you outside. Boggs and Jackson will lead you outside. I’ll stay here for any update from Thirteen. One of my soldier will drive you to the square. That is the closest place a vehicle aside from Snow’s can go. Be careful everyone.”

“Stay together!” Boggs order “Here we go” and he opens the door and we quietly walk out of the house and into a car. A half hour travel from District Thirteen’s secret base in the Capitol to the square and another half hour walk from the square to the entrance of Snow’s back garden. Only one good memory stays with me from this garden, our engagement party and that is it. Everything else is just another nightmare for us, in the garden where he threatens me with my family’s life and where he announced the tributes for the Quarter Quell.

I grab Peeta’s arm just in case his flashbacks comes, I don’t want to happen again the thing in the simulation. “Peeta, are you alright? No bad memories?” I ask him and he smile

“No. Don’t worry about me.”

“Everybody stay close. There’s a hidden passage under the mansion that will lead us to the President’s room, it’s our best chance to get to him all in one piece.” Boggs tells us then looks at me “Is that okay with you?”

“Why?” I ask, why is he asking my permission? “I mean, yes, why are you asking me if you think that’s our best option?”

“Well the smell is expected to be very unpleasant; it’s the mansions sewer and no one can stay long under even the avoxes that cleans it and we all know who has issues with smell right?” and they all look at me. It’s true, the doctors even Prim told me that it’s normal during pregnancy, normal having smell and noise sensitivity, constant dizziness and fatigue which really sucks right now, but at least my morning sickness is gone.

“Don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine.” I assure them

“Well at least when you need to throw up we don’t have to worry where you’ll do it.” Finnick says and they all laugh until they realize that someone might hear them and they lowered their voices.

“That’s not even funny Finnick.” I tell him “This pregnancy thing is really hard!”

“Don’t worry, it will be over soon.” Peeta hugs me, I was about to kiss him when Gale interrupted

“Okay, no more fooling around. Let’s start this!” Gale says

“Okay. Let’s start walking from here, 5 kilometers north and a half west before we sneak inside.” We follow Boggs since he has the Holo. He wasn’t kidding when he said that the smell here is very unpleasant, my head starts to hurt and dizziness comes rushing in me the first time I smell it but I try my best not to show them.

The stench is worse than a month old dead deer or the smell of fresh blood and the sewer is quite big that all of us can walk freely; there is even a pathway on the side. Maybe this is where the avoxes stay when they clean here so they would not get wet. We’ve been walking for almost 2 hours and my back and feet are starting to hurt, Peeta volunteers to carry my bag and insisted to carry my bow and arrow but I disagree. I just gave him my bag but still I’m running behind them.

“Wait!” I pant, it echoed around which makes it looks like that I shouted, they all look behind and shush me,

“SHHHH! Be quiet they might hear us!” Boggs whisper

“I am being quiet!” I tell him. I need a break from walking so I lean on the wall, Gale runs to me but stopped when he saw Peeta running. Peeta drops the bag on my side and checks me